Residential Mobility of the European Elderly
With the ageing of the European population, the housing choices of the elderly will have consequences on the whole housing market. In this paper we use data from the first two waves of the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE) to analyse the residential mobility decisions of the elderly and the factors influencing them in eleven European countries.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Axel Borsch-Supan & Vassilis Hajivassiliou & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1990.
"Health, Children, and Elderly Living Arrangements: A Multiperiod-Multinomial Probit Model with Unobserved Heterogeneity and Autocorrelated Errors,"
NBER Working Papers
3343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Axel Borsch-Supan & Vassilis Hajivassiliou & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1992. "Health, Children, and Elderly Living Arrangements: A Multiperiod-Multinomial Probit Model with Unobserved Heterogeneity and Autocorrelated Errors," NBER Chapters, in: Topics in the Economics of Aging, pages 79-108 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tatsiramos, Konstantinos, 2006. "Residential Mobility and Housing Adjustment of Older Households in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 2435, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2008.
"Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2008/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Maria Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2010. "Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 643-663, March.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2006. "Do the elderly reduce housing equity? An international comparison," CSEF Working Papers 158, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Zoë Oldfield & James P. Smith, 2010.
"Housing Price Volatility and Downsizing in Later Life,"
in: Research Findings in the Economics of Aging, pages 337-379
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Zoë Oldfield & James P. Smith, 2007. "Housing Price Volatility and Downsizing in Later Life," NBER Working Papers 13496, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carole Bonnet & Laurent Gobillon & Anne Laferrère, 2008.
"The effect of widowhood on housing and location choices,"
154, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Bonnet, Carole & Gobillon, Laurent & Laferrère, Anne, 2010. "The effect of widowhood on housing and location choices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 94-108, June.
- Carole Bonnet & Laurent Gobillon & Anne Laferrere, 2008. "The Effect of Widowhood on Housing and Location Choices," Working Papers 2008-12, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Boehm, Thomas P. & Schlottmann, Alan, 2006. "A comparison of household mobility for owned manufactured, traditional owned, and rental units using the American Housing Survey," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 126-142, June.
- Joëlle Gaymu & Peter Ekamper & Gijs Beets, 2007. "Qui prendra en charge les Européens âgés dépendants en 2030 ?," Population (french edition), Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED), vol. 62(4), pages 789-822.
- Claude Taffin & Thierry Debrand, 2005. "Les facteurs structurels et conjoncturels de la mobilité résidentielle depuis 20 ans," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 381(1), pages 125-146.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_3280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.