The effect of Widowhood on Housing and Location Choices
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Bonnet, Carole & Gobillon, Laurent & Laferrère, Anne, 2010. "The effect of widowhood on housing and location choices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 94-108, June.
- Carole Bonnet & Laurent Gobillon & Anne Laferrère, 2010. "The effect of Widowhood on Housing and Location Choices," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00754442, HAL.
- Carole Bonnet & Laurent Gobillon & Anne Laferrere, 2008. "The Effect of Widowhood on Housing and Location Choices," Working Papers 2008-12, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Axel Borsch-Supan & Vassilis Hajivassiliou & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1992.
"Health, Children, and Elderly Living Arrangements: A Multiperiod-Multinomial Probit Model with Unobserved Heterogeneity and Autocorrelated Errors,"
NBER Chapters, in: Topics in the Economics of Aging, pages 79-108,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Axel Borsch-Supan & Vassilis Hajivassiliou & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1990. "Health, Children, and Elderly Living Arrangements: A Multiperiod-Multinomial Probit Model with Unobserved Heterogeneity and Autocorrelated Errors," NBER Working Papers 3343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arrondel, Luc & Laferrere, Anne, 2001. "Taxation and wealth transmission in France," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 3-33, January.
- Iacovou, Maria, 2000. "The living arrangements of elderly Europeans," ISER Working Paper Series 2000-09, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1989. "Aging, Moving, and Housing Wealth," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Aging, pages 9-54, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Laroque, Guy, 1990.
"Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 25-51, January.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Guy Laroque, 1987. "Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods," NBER Working Papers 2369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanford J Grossman & Guy Laroque, 2003. "Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000803, David K. Levine.
- Marjorie Flavin & Shinobu Nakagawa, 2004. "A Model of Housing in the Presence of Adjustment Costs: A Structural Interpretation of Habit Persistence," NBER Working Papers 10458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Roméo Fontaine & Agnès Gramain & Jérôme Wittwer, 2007. "Les configurations d'aide familiales mobilisées autour des personnes âgées dépendantes en Europe," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 403(1), pages 97-115.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7034 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurent Gobillon & David Le Blanc, 2004. "Limpact des contraintes demprunt sur la mobilité résidentielle et les choix entrelocation et propriété," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 74, pages 15-45.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2004. "Aging and Housing Equity: Another Look," NBER Chapters, in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 127-180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert F. Martin, 2003. "Consumption, durable goods, and transaction costs," International Finance Discussion Papers 756, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2003.
- Ermisch, John F. & Jenkins, Stephen P., 1999. "Retirement and housing adjustment in later life: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 311-333, June.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2004:i:74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Costa, Dora L., 1999.
"A house of her own: old age assistance and the living arrangements of older nonmarried women,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 39-59, April.
- Dora L. Costa, 1999. "A House of Her Own: Old Age Assistance and the Living Arrangements of Older Nonmarried Women," NBER Working Papers 6217, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nelson, Julie A, 1988. "Household Economies of Scale in Consumption: Theory and Evidence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1301-1314, November.
- Brueckner, Jan K, 1997. "Consumption and Investment Motives and the Portfolio Choices of Homeowners," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 159-180, October.
- Freedman, V.A., 1996. "Family Structure and the Risk of Nursing Home Admission," Papers 96-10, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Laurent Gobillon, 2001. "Emploi, logement et mobilité résidentielle," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 349(1), pages 77-98.
- Tatsiramos, Konstantinos, 2006. "Residential Mobility and Housing Adjustment of Older Households in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 2435, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Florian Heiss & Michael Hurd & Axel Borsch-Supan, 2003. "Healthy, Wealthy, and Knowing Where to Live: Predicted Trajectories of Health, Wealth and Living Arrangements Among the Oldest Old," NBER Working Papers 9897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Graves, Philip E. & Knapp, Thomas A., 1988. "Mobility behavior of the elderly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-8, July.
- Marjorie Flavin & Takashi Yamashita, 2002. "Owner-Occupied Housing and the Composition of the Household Portfolio," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 345-362, March.
- Namkee Ahn, "undated". "Economic Consequences of Widowhood in Europe: Cross-country and Gender Differences," Working Papers 2004-27, FEDEA.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diane Macunovich & Richard Easterlin & Christine Schaeffer & Eileen Crimmins, 1995. "Echoes of the baby boom and bust: Recent and prospective changes in living alone among elderly widows in the united states," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 32(1), pages 17-28, February.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2004:i:74:p:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Yong & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 2008. "Local amenities and life-cycle migration: Do people move for jobs or fun?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 519-537, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Viola Angelini & Anne Laferrère, 2012. "Residential Mobility of the European Elderly," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 58(3), pages 544-569, September.
- Zahia Ouadah-Bedidi, 2012. "Fécondité et nuptialité différentielles en Algérie : l'apport du recensement de 1998," Working Papers 185, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Ravi Pendakur & Nathan Young, 2013. "Putting on the moves," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(28), pages 767-796.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2012.
"Housing sales in urban Beijing,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(34), pages 4495-4504, December.
- Luis Alberiko Gil-Alana & Carlos Pestana Barros, 2011. "Housing Sales In Urban Beijing," Post-Print hal-00719480, HAL.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2011. "Housing Sales in Urban Beijing," Faculty Working Papers 10/11, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- de Jong Petra & Brouwer Aleid, 2012. "Residential Mobility of Older Adults in the Dutch Housing Market: Do Individual Characteristics and Housing Attributes Have an Effect on Mobility?," European Spatial Research and Policy, Sciendo, vol. 19(1), pages 33-47, July.
- Johannes Schuenemann & Holger Strulik & Timo Trimborn, 2020.
"The Marriage Gap: Optimal Aging and Death in Partnerships,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 36, pages 158-176, April.
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2017. "The marriage gap: Optimal aging and death in partnerships," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 04/2017, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2018. "The marriage gap: Optimal aging and death in partnerships," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 339, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Alexandra Schaffar & Michel Dimou & El Mouhoub Mouhoud, 2019. "The determinants of elderly migration in France," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(2), pages 951-972, April.
- Cris Beauchemin & Hugues Lagrange & Mirna Safi, 2011. "Transnationalism and immigrant assimilation in France : between here and there ?," Working Papers 172, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
More about this item
KeywordsLocation choice; Elderly; Widowhood; Residential mobility; Housing choice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00754442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.