Unions, Job Reductions and Job Security Guarantees: the Experience of British Employees
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- White, Michael & Bryson, Alex, 2006. "Unions, job reductions and job security guarantees: the experience of British employees," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19841, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Machin, 2000. "Union Decline in Britain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 631-645, December.
- Gallie, Duncan & White, Michael & Cheng, Yuan & Tomlinson, Mark, 1998. "Restructuring the Employment Relationship," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198294412.
- Addison, John T. & Belfield, Clive R., 2002. "Unions and Employment Growth: The One Constant?," IZA Discussion Papers 479, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blanchflower, David G & Millward, Neil & Oswald, Andrew J, 1991. "Unionism and Employment Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 815-834, July.
- William Brown, 2000. "Putting Partnership into Practice in Britain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 299-316, June.
- Bryson, Alex & Cappellari, Lorenzo & Lucifora, Claudio, 2004. "Do job security guarantees work?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Booth, Alison L & McCulloch, Andrew, 1999. "Redundancy Pay, Unions and Employment," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 67(3), pages 346-366, June.
More about this item
Keywordsjob cuts; trade unions; job guarantees;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2006-12-22 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2006-12-22 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:cepdps:dp0745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP .