Carbon and energy prices under uncertainty: A theoretical analysis of fuel switching with non-equally efficient power plants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vincent Bertrand, 2013.
"Switching to biomass co-firing in European coal power plants: Estimating the biomass and CO2 breakeven prices,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1535-1546.
- Vincent Bertrand, 2013. "Switching to biomass co-firing in European coal power plants: Estimating the biomass and CO2 breakeven prices," Working Papers 1306, Chaire Economie du climat.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12955 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hintermann, Beat, 2010.
"Allowance price drivers in the first phase of the EU ETS,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Beat Hintermann, 2009. "Allowance Price Drivers in the First Phase of the EU ETS," CEPE Working paper series 09-63, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Creti, Anna & Jouvet, Pierre-André & Mignon, Valérie, 2012.
"Carbon price drivers: Phase I versus Phase II equilibrium?,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 327-334.
- Anna Creti & Pierre-André Jouvet & Valérie Mignon, 2011. "Carbon Price Drivers: Phase I Versus Phase II Equilibrium?," Working Papers 2011-09, CEPII research center.
- Anna Creti & Pierre-André Jouvet & Valérie Mignon, 2011. "Carbon Price Drivers: Phase I versus Phase II Equilibrium?," Working Papers 1106, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Anna Creti & Pierre-André Jouvet & Valérie Mignon, 2012. "Carbon Price Drivers: Phase I versus Phase II Equilibrium?," Post-Print hal-01385813, HAL.
- Seifert, Jan & Uhrig-Homburg, Marliese & Wagner, Michael, 2008. "Dynamic behavior of CO2 spot prices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 180-194, September.
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- Vincent Bertrand, 2012. "Understanding fuel switching under the EU ETS," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 35(6), pages 494-517.
- Alberola, Emilie & Chevallier, Julien & Cheze, Benoi^t, 2008. "Price drivers and structural breaks in European carbon prices 2005-2007," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 787-797, February.
- Schennach, Susanne M., 2000. "The Economics of Pollution Permit Banking in the Context of Title IV of the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 189-210, November.
- Trotignon, Raphaël, 2012. "In search of the carbon price: The european CO2 emission trading scheme : from ex ante and ex post analysis to the protection in 2020," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/11212 edited by De Perthuis, Christian, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12952 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rubin, Jonathan D., 1996. "A Model of Intertemporal Emission Trading, Banking, and Borrowing," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 269-286, November.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2003. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis and Its Critics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 59-82, Winter.
- Vincent Bertrand, 2013. "Modeling of Emission Allowance Markets: A Literature Review," Working Papers 1304, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Maria Mansanet-Bataller & Angel Pardo & Enric Valor, 2007. "CO2 Prices, Energy and Weather," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 73-92.
- Ellerman,A. Denny & Convery,Frank J. & de Perthuis,Christian ,AnaÃ¯s, 2010. "Pricing Carbon," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521196475, May.
- Delarue, Erik & Lamberts, Hans & D’haeseleer, William, 2007. "Simulating greenhouse gas (GHG) allowance cost and GHG emission reduction in Western Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1299-1309.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertrand, Vincent & Dequiedt, Benjamin & Le Cadre, Elodie, 2014. "Biomass for electricity in the EU-27: Potential demand, CO2 abatements and breakeven prices for co-firing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 631-644.
More about this item
KeywordsTradable Emission Allowances; Fuel Switching; EU ETS; Efficiency of power plants; Partial Equilibrium Modeling;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-10-11 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-10-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2013-10-11 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cec:wpaper:1309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chaire Economie du Climat). General contact details of provider: http://www.chaireeconomieduclimat.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.