Shareholder Protection, Stock Markets and Cross-Border Mergers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ahiabor, Frederick S. & James, Gregory A. & Kwabi, Frank O. & Siems, Mathias M., 2018. "Shareholder protection, stock markets and cross-border mergers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 54-57.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2009.
"Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 435-480, January.
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2005. "Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches," NBER Working Papers 11280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008.
"The law and economics of self-dealing,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 430-465, June.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "The Law and Economics of Self-Dealing," NBER Working Papers 11883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008. "The Law and Economics of Self-dealing," Scholarly Articles 2907526, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Deakin, Simon & Sarkar, Prabirjit & Siems, Mathias, 2018.
"Is There a Relationship Between Shareholder Protection and Stock Market Development?,"
Journal of Law, Finance, and Accounting, now publishers, vol. 3(1), pages 115-146, May.
- Simon Deakin & Prabirjit Sarkar & Mathias Siems, 2017. "Is There a Relationship between Shareholder Protection and Stock Market Development?," Working Papers wp492, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Dionysia Katelouzou & Mathias Siems, 2015. "Disappearing Paradigms in Shareholder Protection: Leximetric Evidence for 30 Countries, 1990-2013," Working Papers wp467, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2006. "Alfred Marshall Lecture Shareholder Protection, Stock Market Development, and Politics," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 315-341, 04-05.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Hao & Han, Yonghui & Fidrmuc, Jan & Wei, Dongming, 2021.
"Confucius Institute, Belt and Road Initiative, and Internationalization,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 237-256.
- Hao Wang & Yonghui Han & Jan Fidrmuc & Dongming Wei, 2020. "Confucius Institute, Belt and Road Initiative, and Internationalization," CESifo Working Paper Series 8467, CESifo.
- Hao Wang & Yonghui Han & Jan Fidrmuc & Dongming Wei, 2021. "Confucius Institute, Belt and Road Initiative, and Internationalization," Post-Print hal-03128969, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lai, Karen M.Y. & Saffar, Walid & Zhu, Xindong (Kevin) & Liu, Yiye, 2020. "Political institutions, stock market liquidity and firm dividend policy: Some international evidence," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1).
- Hou, Canran & Liu, Huan, 2020. "Foreign residency rights and corporate cash holdings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Cosset, Jean-Claude & Meknassi, Siham, 2013. "Does cross-listing in the US foster mergers and acquisitions and increase target shareholder wealth?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 54-73.
- Pevzner, Mikhail & Xie, Fei & Xin, Xiangang, 2015. "When firms talk, do investors listen? The role of trust in stock market reactions to corporate earnings announcements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 190-223.
- Hüttenbrink, Alexander & Oehmichen, Jana & Rapp, Marc Steffen & Wolff, Michael, 2014. "Pay-for-performance – Does one size fit all? A multi-country study of Europe and the United States," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1179-1192.
- Li, Changhong & Li, Jialong & Liu, Mingzhi & Wang, Yuan & Wu, Zhenyu, 2017. "Anti-misconduct policies, corporate governance and capital market responses: International evidence," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 47-60.
- Bruno, Valentina & Claessens, Stijn, 2010.
"Corporate governance and regulation: Can there be too much of a good thing?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 461-482, October.
- Bruno, Valentina G. & Claessens, Stijn, 2006. "Corporate governance and regulation: can there be too much of a good thing?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24633, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bruno, Valentina G. & Claessens, Stijn, 2007. "Corporate governance and regulation : can there be too much of a good thing ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4140, The World Bank.
- Bruno, Valentina & Claessens, Stijn, 2007. "Corporate Governance and Regulation: Can There Be Too Much of a Good Thing?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6108, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stijn Claessen & Valentina Bruno, 2006. "Corporate Governance and Regulation: Can There Be Too Much of a Good Thing?," FMG Discussion Papers dp574, Financial Markets Group.
- Sarkissian, Sergei & Schill, Michael J., 2012. "The nature of the foreign listing premium: A cross-country examination," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2494-2511.
- Gur Aminadav & Elias Papaioannou, 2020. "Corporate Control around the World," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 75(3), pages 1191-1246, June.
- Ding, Wenzhi & Levine, Ross & Lin, Chen & Xie, Wensi, 2021. "Corporate immunity to the COVID-19 pandemic," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 802-830.
- Chan, Konan & Chen, Hung-Kun & Hu, Shing-yang & Liu, Yu-Jane, 2018. "Share pledges and margin call pressure," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 96-117.
- Masulis, Ronald W. & Wang, Cong & Xie, Fei, 2012. "Globalizing the boardroom—The effects of foreign directors on corporate governance and firm performance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 527-554.
- Chen, Ruiyuan (Ryan) & Guedhami, Omrane & Yang, Yang & Zaynutdinova, Gulnara R., 2020. "Corporate governance and cash holdings: Evidence from worldwide board reforms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Christensen, Hans B. & Hail, Luzi & Leuz, Christian, 2013. "Mandatory IFRS reporting and changes in enforcement," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 147-177.
- Liu, Yu & Miletkov, Mihail K. & Wei, Zuobao & Yang, Tina, 2015. "Board independence and firm performance in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 223-244.
- Bui, Dien Giau & Chen, Yan-Shing & Hsu, Hsing-Hua & Lin, Chih-Yung, 2020. "Labor unions and bank risk culture: evidence from the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Mikhail Pevzner & Xiangang Xin, 2019. "Foreign institutional ownership and auditor choice: Evidence from worldwide institutional ownership," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 50(1), pages 83-110, February.
- Frijns, Bart & Gilbert, Aaron & Lehnert, Thorsten & Tourani-Rad, Alireza, 2013. "Uncertainty avoidance, risk tolerance and corporate takeover decisions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2457-2471.
- Poulsen, Thomas, 2008. "Investment decisions with benefits of control," Finance Research Group Working Papers F-2008-02, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Daniel Arand & Alexander Kerl & Andreas Walter, 2015. "When Do Sellâ€ side Analyst Reports Really Matter? Shareholder Protection, Institutional Investors and the Informativeness of Equity Research," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 21(3), pages 524-555, June.
More about this item
KeywordsLaw and finance; shareholder protection; corporate governance; corporate finance;
All these keywords.
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P50 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2018-09-03 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-HIS-2018-09-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAW-2018-09-03 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbr:cbrwps:wp509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ruth Newman/William Kerslake (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.