Report NEP-HIS-2018-09-03This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Nuno Palma & Jaime Reis, 2018. "From Convergence to Divergence: Portuguese Economic Growth, 1527-1850," Working Papers 0137, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Giovanni Dosi & Xiaodan Yu, 2018. "Capabilities Accumulation and Development: What History Tells the Theory," LEM Papers Series 2018/27, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Alan de Bromhead & Alan Fernihough & Enda Hargaden, 2018. "Representation Of The People: Franchise Extension And The "Sinn Féin Election" In Ireland, 1918," Working Papers 2018-02, University of Tennessee, Department of Economics.
- Katherine Eriksson, 2018. "Ethnic Enclaves and Immigrant Outcomes: Norwegian Immigrants during the Age of Mass Migration," NBER Working Papers 24763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grant, Iris & Kesternich, Iris & Steckenleiter, Carina & Winter, Joachim, 2018. "Historic Sex-Ratio Imbalances Predict Female Participation in the Market for Politicians," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 113, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Nelo Magalhães & Jean-Baptiste Fressoz & François Jarrige & Gaëtan Levillain & Margot Lyautey & Thomas Le Roux & Guillaume Noblet & Christophe Bonneuil, 2018.
"The physical economy of France (1830-2015). The story of a parasite?
[L'économie matérielle de la France (1830-2015). L'histoire d'un parasite ?]," Working Papers hal-01845999, HAL.
- Fenoaltea, Stefano, 2018. "The Growth of the Italian Economy, 1861-1913: Revised Second-Generation Expenditure-Side Estimates," MPRA Paper 88016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gauti Eggertsson & Jacob Robbins, 2018. "Kaldor and Piketty's Facts: the Rise of Monopoly Power in the United States," 2018 Meeting Papers 77, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Asongu, Simplice & Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2018. "“This one is 400 Libyan dinars, this one is 500”: Insights from Cognitive Human Capital and Slave Trade," MPRA Paper 88526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enrico Berkes & Marti Mestieri & Ricardo Dahis, 2018. "The Technology Frontier and the Rise and Fall of Cities," 2018 Meeting Papers 1129, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Katherine Eriksson & Zachary A. Ward, 2018. "The Ethnic Segregation of Immigrants in the United States from 1850 to 1940," NBER Working Papers 24764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexandre Chirat & Charlotte Le Chapelain, 2018. "Economic Analysis of Education in Post-War America: New Insights from Theodore Schultz and John Kenneth Galbraith," Working Papers 06-18, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Vincent Bignon & Cecilia Garcia-Peñalosa, 2018. "The Toll of Tariffs: Protectionism, Education and Fertility in Late 19th Century France," Working papers 690, Banque de France.
- Barón Ortegón, Brayan Alexander, 2018.
"Educación superior y crecimiento económico en Colombia (1971-2016): una relación de cointegración
[Higher education and economic growth in Colombia (1971-2016): a cointegration relationship]," MPRA Paper 88649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephanie Houle & Pau S. Pujolas & Michael R. Veall, 2018. "The Curious Incident of Luxury Imports during the Top-Income Surge," Department of Economics Working Papers 2018-12, McMaster University.
- Rangan Gupta & Patrick Kanda & Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Mark E. Wohar, 2018. "Time-Varying Predictability of Oil Market Movements Over a Century of Data: The Role of US Financial Stress," Working Papers 201848, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2018. "The Role of Monetary Policy Uncertainty in Predicting Equity Market Volatility of the United Kingdom: Evidence from over 150 Years of Data," Working Papers 201851, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Masato Shizume, 2017. "A History of the Bank of Japan, 1882-2016," Working Papers 1719, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Kouladoum, Jean-Claude, 2018. "External debts and real exchange rates in developing countries: evidence from Chad," MPRA Paper 88440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Greg Kaplan & Sam Schulhofer-Wohl, 2018. "The Changing (Dis-)Utility of Work," NBER Working Papers 24738, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Isidro Hernández Rodríguez, 2018. "Algunos aspectos de los fundamentos de la tributación," Documentos de Trabajo - Escuela de Economía 016546, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID.
- Al-Abri, Almukhtar & Genc, Ismail H. & Naufal, George S, 2018. "The Impact of Government Spending on GDP in a Remitting Country," IZA Discussion Papers 11676, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Victor Leão Borges de Almeida & Carlos Esquivel & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Timothy Kehoe, 2018. "Did the 1980s in Latin America Need to Be a Lost Decade?," 2018 Meeting Papers 829, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Breimyer, Harold F., "undated". "Conceptualization and Climate for New Deal Farm Laws of the 1930s," Working Papers 256547, University of Missouri Columbia, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Hotori, Eiji & Wendschlag, Mikael, 2018. "The formalization of banking supervision: A comparison between Japan and Sweden," eabh Papers 18-03, The European Association for Banking and Financial History (EABH).
- Axelle Ferrière & Gaston Navarro, 2018. "The Heterogeneous Effects of Government Spending : It’s All About Taxes," International Finance Discussion Papers 1237, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dmitry Kuvshinov & Kaspar Zimmermann, 2018. "The Big Bang: Stock Market Capitalization in the Long Run," Working Papers 0136, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Bukvić, Rajko & Pajović, Ivan, 2017.
"Економски Односи Србије И Румуније На Почетку 21. Века И Могућности Унапређења
[Serbian-Romanian Economic Relationships at the Beginning of 21st Century and Possibilities of Improving]," MPRA Paper 88654, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
- Frederick S. Ahiabor & Gregory A. James & Frank O. Kwabi & Mathias M. Siems & Centre for Business Research, 2018. "Shareholder Protection, Stock Markets and Cross-Border Mergers," Working Papers wp509, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Bakari, Sayef & Mabrouki, Mohamed & Othmani, Abdelhafidh, 2018. "The Six Linkages between Foreign Direct Investment, Domestic Investment, Exports, Imports, Labor Force and Economic Growth: New Empirical and Policy Analysis from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 88259, University Library of Munich, Germany.