The Behaviour of Repeat Visitors to Museums: Review and Empirical Findings
This study presents a theoretical and operational framework for analysing repeat visit to museums. Starting from the literature on repeat visit in tourism, the specificities of these cultural attractions are made explicit through a review of theoretical and applied works. Consistently with previous contributors, the paper suggests that the analysis of actual past behaviours has to be preferred to the one of attitudes. The application of proper econometric models is also remarked in order to put into account individual profiles. Information coming from three techniques is then used in an integrated way in order to provide a more comprehensive view of the phenomenon. Evidence from an ad-hoc survey suggests the necessity to give a greater attention to perceived cultural value during the visit, promoting cultural events during the week and addressed to children, and taking care of those visitors that come from far places also through an integrated tourist supply.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 0471 315 000
Fax: +39 0471 315 009
Web page: http://www.unibz.it/en/economics/research/workingpapers/default.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hellerstein, Daniel, 1991. "Using Count Data Models in Travel Cost Analysis with Aggregate Data," MPRA Paper 25264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- JG. Brida & M. Pulina & E. Riaño & SZ. Aguirre, 2010. "Cruise visitors’ intention to return as land tourists and recommend a visited destination. A structural equation model," Working Paper CRENoS 201016, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Pereira, Juan Sebastián & Scuderi, Raffaele, 2012.
"Repeat tourism in Uruguay: modelling truncated distributions of count data,"
37140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juan Brida & Juan Pereyra & Raffaele Scuderi, 2014. "Repeat tourism in Uruguay: modelling truncated distributions of count data," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 475-491, January.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Scuderi, Raffaele, 2012. "Determinants of tourist expenditure: a review of microeconometric models," MPRA Paper 38468, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Rodríguez-Santos & Ana González-Fernández & Miguel Cervantes-Blanco, 2013. "Weak cognitive image of cultural tourism destinations," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 881-895, February.
- Bujosa Bestard, Angel & Riera Font, Antoni, 2010. "Estimating the aggregate value of forest recreation in a regional context," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 205-216, August.
- Henry, Craig Douglas, 2000. "Is customer loyalty a pernicious myth?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 13-16.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bzn:wpaper:bemps03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (bemps administrator)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.