Determinants of tourist expenditure: a review of microeconometric models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hauser, John R & Urban, Glen L, 1986. " The Value Priority Hypotheses for Consumer Budget Plans," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(4), pages 446-462, March.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- repec:eee:touman:v:31:y:2010:i:1:p:45-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2008. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9787111235767, April.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:1:p:46-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diego R. Medina-Muñoz & Rita D. Medina-Muñoz, 2012. "Determinants of Expenditures on Wellness Services: The Case of Gran Canaria," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 309-319, June.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- W. M. Gorman, 1980. "A Possible Procedure for Analysing Quality Differentials in the Egg Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(5), pages 843-856.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandr Vetitnev & Nadezhda Bobina & Olga Zelenskaya, 2016. "Analysis of Tourists’ Expenditures at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 227-232.
- Abbruzzo, Antonino & Brida, Juan Gabriel & Scuderi, Raffaele, 2014.
"Determinants of individual tourist expenditure as a network: Empirical findings from Uruguay,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 36-45.
- Antonio Abbruzzo & Juan Gabriel Brida & Raffaele Scuderi, 2013. "Determinants of Individual Tourist Expenditure as a Network: Empirical Findings from Uruguay," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS09, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Dora Smolčić Jurdana & Daniela Soldić Frleta, 2016. "Factors affecting the expenditure of domestic and foreign tourists - the evidence from Rijeka and Opatija, Croatia," Tourism and Hospitality Industry 31, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Marta Disegna & Fabrizio Durante & Enrico Foscolo, 2013. "A multivariate nonlinear analysis of tourism expenditures," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS10, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Juan Brida & Marta Disegna & Raffaele Scuderi, 2014.
"The behaviour of repeat visitors to museums: review and empirical findings,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, vol. 48(5), pages 2817-2840, September.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Marta Disegna & Raffaele Scuderi, 2013. "The Behaviour of Repeat Visitors to Museums: Review and Empirical Findings," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS03, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Anton Ovcharov, 2015. "Methodological Problems Of Statistical Study Of Regional Tourism And Tourist Expenditure," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 281-287.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Disegna, Marta & Scuderi, Raffaele, 2012. "Visitors of two types of museums: do expenditure patterns differ?," MPRA Paper 38841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrés Artal-Tur & Luisa Alamá-Sabater, 2017. "The Expenditure of Tourist at the level of Destinations: An application of Spatial Econometrics," Working Papers 2017/13, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Juan Brida & Pablo Daniel Monterubbianesi & Sandra Zapata-Aguirre, 2013. "Análisis de los factores que influencian el gasto de los turistas culturales: el caso de los visitantes de museos de Medellín," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June.
- Cárdenas-García Pablo Juan & Pulido-Fernández Juan Ignacio & Fernández Ana Belén Mudarra, 2015. "Direct economic impact of tourism on World Heritage Cities: An approach to measurement in emerging destinations," Czech Journal of Tourism, De Gruyter Open, vol. 3(2), pages 91-106, August.
- Marta Disegna & Linda Osti, 2013. "The Influence of Visitors’ Satisfaction on Expenditure Behaviour," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS14, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Qiu, Wanling & Rudkin, Simon & Sharma, Abhijit, 2017. "An Analysis of the Impact of Low Cost Airlines on Tourist Stay Duration and Expenditures," MPRA Paper 81428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Chiara Dalle Nogare & Raffaele Scuderi, 2016. "Frequency of museum attendance: motivation matters," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(3), pages 261-283, August.
- Rudkin, Simon & Sharma, Abhijit, 2017. "The Impact of Football Attendance on Tourist Expenditures for the United Kingdom," MPRA Paper 81427, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsTourist expenditure; Econometric models; Micro data; Review;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.