The evolution of trading activity in Asian foreign exchange markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael J. Sager & Mark P. Taylor, 2006. "Under the microscope: the structure of the foreign exchange market," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 81-95.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980.
"Vehicle Currencies and the Structure of International Exchange,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(3), pages 513-526, August.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1979. "Vehicle Currencies And the Structure Of International Exchange," NBER Working Papers 0333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hélène Rey, 2001. "International Trade and Currency Exchange," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(2), pages 443-464.
- Guonan Ma & Corrinne Ho & Robert N McCauley, 2004. "The markets for non-deliverable forwards in Asian currencies," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles & Storgaard, Peter E., 2004.
"Endogenous exchange rate pass-through when nominal prices are set in advance,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 263-291, July.
- Devereux, Michael B & Engel, Charles M & Storgaard, Peter Ejler, 2002. "Endogenous Exchange Rate Pass-Through When Nominal Prices Are Set in Advance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3608, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel & Peter E. Storgaard, 2003. "Endogenous Exchange Rate Pass-through when Nominal Prices are Set in Advance," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0304, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel & Peter E. Storgaard, 2002. "Endogenous Exchange Rate Pass-Through When Nominal Prices are Set in Advance," Working Papers 212002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel & Peter E. Storgaard, 2003. "Endogenous Exchange Rate Pass-through when Nominal Prices are Set in Advance," NBER Working Papers 9543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naohiko Baba & Frank Packer & Teppei Nagano, 2008. "The spillover of money market turbulence to FX swap and cross-currency swap markets," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Gabriele Galati & Alexandra Heath, 2007. "What drives the growth in FX activity? Interpreting the 2007 triennial survey," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Jacques Miniane, 2004. "A New Set of Measures on Capital Account Restrictions," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(2), pages 1-4.
- Disyatat, Piti & Galati, Gabriele, 2007.
"The effectiveness of foreign exchange intervention in emerging market countries: Evidence from the Czech koruna,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 383-402, April.
- Gabriele Galati & Piti Disyatat, 2005. "The effectiveness of foreign exchange intervention in emerging market countries: evidence from the Czech koruna," BIS Working Papers 172, Bank for International Settlements.
- Guy Debelle & Jacob Gyntelberg & Michael Plumb, 2006. "Forward currency markets in Asia: lessons from the Australian experience," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Philip Wooldridge, 2008. "Interbank rate fixings during the recent turmoil," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 1979. "Money in International Exchange: The Convertible Currency System," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195024098.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- He, Dong & Yu, Xiangrong, 2016.
"Network effects in currency internationalisation: Insights from BIS triennial surveys and implications for the renminbi,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 203-229.
- Dong He & Xiangrong Yu, 2014. "Network Effects in Currency Internationalisation: Insights from BIS Triennial Surveys and Implications for the Renminbi," Working Papers 242014, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Suresh Ramanathan & Kian-Teng Kwek, 2013. "The twin faces of emerging Asia's currency forward markets in an imperfect setting," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(18), pages 1433-1446, September.
- Mashkoor, Asim & Ahmed, Ovais & Herani, Dr. Gobin, 2015. "The relationship between Foreign Currency trading and Economic Development: A case Study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 64482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign exchange; trading volume; currency controls;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- N25 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Asia including Middle East
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boj:bojwps:08-e-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bank of Japan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bojgvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.