Thai Financial Markets and Political Change
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leigh, Andrew & Wolfers, Justin & Zitzewitz, Eric, 2003. "What do Financial Markets Think of War in Iraq?," Research Papers 1785, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Bailey, Warren & Chung, Y. Peter, 1995. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations, Political Risk, and Stock Returns: Some Evidence from an Emerging Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(04), pages 541-561, December.
- Kim, Harold Y. & Mei, Jianping P., 2001. "What makes the stock market jump? An analysis of political risk on Hong Kong stock returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1003-1016, December.
- Chen, Joseph & Hong, Harrison & Stein, Jeremy C., 2001.
"Forecasting crashes: trading volume, past returns, and conditional skewness in stock prices,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 345-381, September.
- Joseph Chen & Harrison Hong & Jeremy C. Stein, 2000. "Forecasting Crashes: Trading Volume, Past Returns and Conditional Skewness in Stock Prices," NBER Working Papers 7687, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Bittlingmayer, 1998. "Output, Stock Volatility, and Political Uncertainty in a Natural Experiment: Germany, 1880-1940," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2243-2257, December.
- Jeffry Frieden & David Leblang & Neven Valev, 2010. "The political economy of exchange rate regimes in transition economies," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Reid W Click, 2005. "Financial and political risks in US direct foreign investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(5), pages 559-575, September.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2003.
"Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 579-625, March.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Anderson, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Diebold, Francis X. & Labys, Paul, 2002. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Working Papers 02-12, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," NBER Working Papers 8160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Inclan, Carla & Leal, Ricardo, 1999. "Volatility in Emerging Stock Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 33-55, March.
- Tsuyuguchi, Yosuke & Wooldridge, Philip D., 2008. "The evolution of trading activity in Asian foreign exchange markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 231-246, December.
- Bodea, Cristina, 2010. "The political economy of fixed exchange rate regimes: The experience of post-communist countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 248-264, June.
- Hashmi, M. Anaam & Guvenli, Turgut, 1992. "Importance of political risk assessment function in U.S. multinational corporations," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 137-144.
- Bachman, Daniel, 1992. "The effect of political risk on the forward exchange bias: the case of elections," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 208-219, April.
- Cody, Brian J., 1989. "Imposing exchange controls to dampen currency speculation : Political risk and the French franc, 1976-1984," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1751-1768, December.
- Yosuke Tsuyuguchi & Philip D Wooldridge, 2008. "The evolution of trading activity in Asian foreign exchange markets," BIS Working Papers 252, Bank for International Settlements.
- Fotios Siokis & Panayotis Kapopoulos, 2003. "Electoral management, political risk and exchange rate dynamics: the Greek experience," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 279-285.
- Renée Fry & Cody Yu-Ling Hsiao & Chrismin Tang, 2011. "Actually This Time Is Different," CAMA Working Papers 2011-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Hutson, Elaine & Kearney, Colm & Lynch, Margaret, 2008.
"Volume and skewness in international equity markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1255-1268, July.
- Colm Kearney & Margaret Lynch, 2005. "Volume and Skewness in International Equity Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp043, IIIS.
- Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2003. "The Presidential Puzzle: Political Cycles and the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 1841-1872, October.
- Chan, Yue-cheong & Chui, Andy C. W. & Kwok, Chuck C. Y., 2001. "The impact of salient political and economic news on the trading activity," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 195-217, June.
- Juan C. Jaramillo & Roberto Steiner & Natalia Salazar, 1999.
"The political economy of exchange rate policy in Colombia,"
Working Papers Series. Documentos de Trabajo
- Juan C. Jaramillo & Roberto Steiner & Natalia Salazar, 1999. "The Political Economy of Exchange Rate Policy in Colombia," Research Department Publications 3064, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Nordal, Kjell B., 2001. "Country risk, country risk indices and valuation of FDI: a real options approach," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 197-217, September.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Exchange Market; Stock Market; Liquidity; Realized Volatility; Realized Skewness; Bid-Ask Spreads; Political Risk.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mul:jdp901:doi:10.12831/77234:y:2014:i:1:p:5-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://www.rivisteweb.it/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.