The political economy of exchange rate policy in Colombia
Since the 1960s Colombia has exhibited notorius economic stability and institutional continuity. Until rencently, the political system was based on an entreched bipartisan coalition, with little ideological confrontation. Power sharing, which was mandatory during the National Front (NF, 1954-74), lasted until 1991. Coffee, the main export, is a labor-intensive activity, taking place in thousands of family-owned small plots. Coffee producers income depends on a complez arrangement whit the government, the exchange rete being but one component.
|Date of creation:||28 Jan 1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stein, Ernesto H. & Streb, Jorge M., 1998.
"Political stabilization cycles in high-inflation economies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 159-180, June.
- Ernesto Stein and Jorge Streb., 1994. "Political Stabilization Cycles in High Inflation Economies," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C94-039, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jorge M. Streb, 1997. "Political Stabilization Cycles in High Inflation Economies," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 123, Universidad del CEMA.
- Stein, Ernesto & Streb, Jorge, 1994. "Political Stabilization Cycles in High Inflation Economies," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233383, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jorge M. Streb, 1995. "Political Stabilization Cycles in High Inflation Economies," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6857, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Kenneth Rogoff & Anne Sibert, 1988. "Elections and Macroeconomic Policy Cycles," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 1-16.
- Kenneth Rogoff & Anne Sibert, 1986. "Elections and Macroeconomic Policy Cycles," NBER Working Papers 1838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Carlos Echeverry G., 1996. "The Rise And Perpetuation Of A Moderate Inflation, Colombia 1970-1991," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003621, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Juan Carlos Echeverry, 1996. "The rise and Perpetuation of a Moderate Inflation, Colombia 1970-1991," Borradores de Economia 050, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "Moderate Inflation," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger*Fischer, Stanley, 1991. "Moderate inflation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 807, The World Bank.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Stanley Fischer, 1991. "Moderate Inflation," NBER Working Papers 3896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mauricio Cárdenas & Roberto Steiner, 1997. "El Flujo de los Capitales Privados en Colombia," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 34(103), pages 309-337.
- Cukierman Alex, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-10, December.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981.
- Adolfo Meisel R., 1996. "Autonomia De La Banca Central E Inflacion La Experiencia Colombiana, 1923-1995," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002035, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Adolfo Meisel Roca, 1996. "Autonomía de la Banca Central e Inflación: La Experiencia Colombiana, 1923-1995," Borradores de Economia 049, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Steiner, Roberto, 1998. "Colombia's income from the drug trade," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1013-1031, June.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jeffry Frieden, 2000. "The Political Economy of Exchange Rate Policy in Latin America: An Analytical Overview," Research Department Publications 3118, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)