Reforming the international monetary system in the 1970s and 2000s: would an SDR substitution account have worked?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Menzie D. Chinn & Guy Meredith, 2004. "Monetary Policy and Long-Horizon Uncovered Interest Parity," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(3), pages 409-430, November.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Schenk,Catherine R., 2013. "The Decline of Sterling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107612990, July - De.
- Robert N McCauley & Patrick McGuire, 2009. "Dollar appreciation in 2008: safe haven, carry trades, dollar shortage and overhedging," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Menzie Chinn & Jeffrey Frankel, 2008.
"Why the Euro Will Rival the Dollar,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 55(3), pages 255-278, September.
- Ignazio Angeloni & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Benjamin Carton & Christophe Destais & Zsolt Darvas & Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Shahin Vallée, .
"Global currencies for tomorrow: a European perspective,"
Bruegel, number 592, December.
- Ignazio Angeloni & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Benjamin Carton & Zsolt Darvas & Christophe Destais & Ludovic Gauvin & Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Shahin Vallée, 2011. "Global currencies for tomorrow: A European perspective," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 444, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- André Sapir & Jean Pisani-Ferry, 2011. "Global Currencies for Tomorrow: A European Perspective," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/174278, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aliber, Robert Z, 1973. "The Interest Rate Parity Theorem: A Reinterpretation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1451-1459, Nov.-Dec..
- repec:zbw:inteco:139683 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert N McCauley & Kazuo Ueda, 2009. "Government debt management at low interest rates," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Richard N. Cooper, 2009. "The Future of the Dollar," Policy Briefs PB09-21, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Robert N McCauley & Jean-François Rigaudy, 2011. "Managing foreign exchange reserves in the crisis and after," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Portfolio and risk management for central banks and sovereign wealth funds, volume 58, pages 19-47 Bank for International Settlements.
- Patrick McGuire & Goetz von Peter, 2009. "The US dollar shortage in global banking," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Hyun Song Shin, 2012. "Global Banking Glut and Loan Risk Premium," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 60(2), pages 155-192, July.
- Clifford R Dammers & Robert N McCauley, 2006. "Basket weaving: the euromarket experience with basket currency bonds," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McCauley, Robert, 2013.
"Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage and Safe Assets,"
Journal of Financial Perspectives,
EY Global FS Institute, vol. 1(2), pages 145-154.
- Robert N. McCauley, 2012. "Risk-on/risk-off, capital flows, leverage and safe assets," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 8(3), pages 281-298, August.
- Robert N McCauley, 2012. "Risk-on/risk-off, capital flows, leverage and safe assets," BIS Working Papers 382, Bank for International Settlements.
- Robert N. McCauley, 2013. "Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage, and Safe Assets," Finance Working Papers 23390, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- McCauley, Robert N., 2013. "Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage, and Safe Assets," ADBI Working Papers 405, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Robert N. McCauley, 2013. "Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage, and Safe Assets," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23390, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsSpecial Drawing Right; substitution account; reserve currency; foreign exchange reserves; International Monetary Fund;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2014-03-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2014-03-22 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HIS-2014-03-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MON-2014-03-22 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.