The US dollar shortage in global banking
Understanding the global financial crisis and the stresses on bank balance sheets requires a perspective on banks' international investment positions and how these positions were funded across currencies and counterparties. This special feature uses the BIS international banking statistics to identify the cross-currency and counterparty funding patterns for the largest banking systems, and to assess the causes of the US dollar shortage during the critical phases of the crisis.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centralbahnplatz 2, CH - 4002 Basel|
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lane, Philip R. & Shambaugh, Jay C, 2008.
"The Long or Short of it: Determinants of Foreign Currency Exposure in External Balance Sheets,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lane, Philip R. & Shambaugh, Jay C., 2010. "The long or short of it: Determinants of foreign currency exposure in external balance sheets," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 33-44, January.
- Philip R. Lane & Jay C. Shambaugh, 2009. "The Long or Short of it: Determinants of Foreign Currency Exposure in External Balance Sheets," NBER Working Papers 14909, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip R. Lane and Jay C. Shambaugh, 2008. "The Long or Short of it: Determinants of Foreign Currency Exposure in External Balance Sheets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp253, IIIS.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008.
"Banking globalization, monetary transmission, and the lending channel,"
333, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008. "Banking Globalization, Monetary Transmission, and the Lending Channel," NBER Working Papers 14101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cetorelli, Nicola & Goldberg, Linda S., 2008. "Banking globalization, monetary transmission and the lending channel," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2008,21, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Baba, Naohiko & Packer, Frank, 2009.
"Interpreting deviations from covered interest parity during the financial market turmoil of 2007-08,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1953-1962, November.
- Naohiko Baba & Frank Packer, 2008. "Interpreting deviations from covered interest parity during the financial market turmoil of 2007-08," BIS Working Papers 267, Bank for International Settlements.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:0903f. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.