On bank credit risk: systemic or bank-specific? Evidence from the US and UK
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Feldhütter & Mads Stenbo Nielsen, 2012. "Systematic and Idiosyncratic Default Risk in Synthetic Credit Markets," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 10(2), pages 292-324, 2012 05.
- Andrew Ang & Sen Dong & Monika Piazzesi, 2005. "No-arbitrage Taylor rules," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Gianni De Nicolò & Marcella Lucchetta, 2011. "Systemic Risks and the Macroeconomy," NBER Chapters,in: Quantifying Systemic Risk, pages 113-148 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kay Giesecke & Baeho Kim, 2011. "Systemic Risk: What Defaults Are Telling Us," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(8), pages 1387-1405, August.
- Billio, Monica & Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2012.
"Econometric measures of connectedness and systemic risk in the finance and insurance sectors,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 535-559.
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2011. "Econometric Measures of Connectedness and Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors," Working Papers 2011_21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Grace Xing Hu & Jun Pan & Jiang Wang, 2013. "Noise as Information for Illiquidity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(6), pages 2341-2382, December.
- Huang, Xin & Zhou, Hao & Zhu, Haibin, 2009.
"A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2036-2049, November.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A Framework for Assessing the Systemic Risk of Major Financial Institutions," BIS Working Papers 281, Bank for International Settlements.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stefano Giglio, 2011.
"Credit default swap spreads and systemic financial risk,"
1122, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Stefano Giglio, 2016. "Credit default swap spreads and systemic financial risk," ESRB Working Paper Series 15, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Alter, Adrian & Schüler, Yves S., 2012.
"Credit spread interdependencies of European states and banks during the financial crisis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3444-3468.
- Adrian Alter & Yves Stephan Schüler, 2011. "Credit Spead Interdependencies of European States and Banks during the Financial Crisis," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-24, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Gregory R. Duffee, 2002. "Term Premia and Interest Rate Forecasts in Affine Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 405-443, February.
- Robert F. Dittmar, 2008. "Do Sovereign Bonds Benefit Corporate Bonds in Emerging Markets?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(5), pages 1983-2014, September.
- Giglio, Stefano & Kelly, Bryan & Pruitt, Seth, 2016.
"Systemic risk and the macroeconomy: An empirical evaluation,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 457-471.
- Stefano Giglio & Bryan T. Kelly & Seth Pruitt, 2015. "Systemic Risk and the Macroeconomy: An Empirical Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 20963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duffie, Darrell & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1999. "Modeling Term Structures of Defaultable Bonds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 687-720.
- Michael D. Bauer & Glenn D. Rudebusch & Jing Cynthia Wu, 2012. "Correcting Estimation Bias in Dynamic Term Structure Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 454-467, April.
- Feldhütter, Peter & Lando, David, 2008. "Decomposing swap spreads," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 375-405, May.
- Jorge A Chan-Lau & Toni Gravelle, 2005. "The END; A New Indicator of Financial and Nonfinancial Corporate Sector Vulnerability," IMF Working Papers 05/231, International Monetary Fund.
- Zhiguo He & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2013. "Intermediary Asset Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(2), pages 732-770, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Junye Li & Gabriele Zinna, 2014. "How much of bank credit risk is sovereign risk? Evidence from the eurozone," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 990, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Mario Cerrato & John Crosby & Minjoo Kim & Yang Zhao, 2015. "Correlated Defaults of UK Banks: Dynamics and Asymmetries," Working Papers 2015_24, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Michele Bonollo & Irene Crimaldi & Andrea Flori & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2014. "Systemic importance of financial institutions: from a global to a local perspective? A network theory approach," Working Papers 9/2014, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Sep 2014.
- Michele Bonollo & Irene Crimaldi & Andrea Flori & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2014. "Systemic importance of financial institutions: regulations, research, open issues, proposals," Working Papers 2/2014, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Mar 2014.
- Gabriele Zinna, 2014. "Price pressures in the UK index-linked market: an empirical investigation," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 968, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Sara Cecchetti, 2017. "A quantitative analysis of risk premia in the corporate bond market," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1141, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
Keywordssystemic bank credit Risk; credit default swaps; distress risk premia; Bayesian estimation;
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-03-08 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-03-08 (Central Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2014-03-08 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_951_14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.