Structured finance and the financial turmoil of 2007-2008: and introductory overview
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul S. Mills & John Kiff, 2007. "Money for Nothing and Checks for Free; Recent Developments in U.S. Subprime Mortgage Markets," IMF Working Papers 07/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Ronel Elul, 2005. "The economics of asset securitization," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue q3, pages 16-25.
- Antonio Cesare, 2006.
"Do Market-based Indicators Anticipate Rating Agencies? Evidence for International Banks,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 35(1), pages 121-150, February.
- Antonio Di Cesare, 2006. "Do market-based indicators anticipate rating agencies? Evidence for international banks," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 593, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Scheicher, Martin, 2008. "How has CDO market pricing changed during the turmoil? Evidence from CDS index tranches," Working Paper Series 910, European Central Bank.
- Gary B. Gorton & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2007.
"Special Purpose Vehicles and Securitization,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 549-602,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005. "Special purpose vehicles and securitization," Working Papers 05-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2005.
- Gary Gorton & Nicholas Souleles, 2005. "Special Purpose Vehicles and Securitization," NBER Working Papers 11190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adrian Blundell-Wignall, 2007. "An Overview of Hedge Funds and Structured Products: Issues in Leverage and Risk," Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2007(1), pages 37-57.
- Claudio Borio, 2008. "The financial turmoil of 2007-?: a preliminary assessment and some policy considerations," BIS Working Papers 251, Bank for International Settlements.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance,
now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Til Schuermann & Adam B. Ashcraft, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Douglas Lucas & Laurie Goodman & Frank Fabozzi, 2007. "Collateralized Debt Obligations and Credit Risk Transfer," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2503, Yale School of Management.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank Fabozzi & Vinod Kothari, 2007. "Securitization: The Tool of Financial Transformation," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2495, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jul 2007.
- Klaus Düllmann & Agnieszka Sosinska, 2007. "Credit default swap prices as risk indicators of listed German banks," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 21(3), pages 269-292, September.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Matthias Ruth & Kieran Donaghy & Paul Kirshen (ed.), Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cousseran, O. & Rahmouni, I., 2005. "The CDO market Functioning and implications in terms of financial stability," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 6, pages 43-62, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorrucci, Ettore & Pula, Gabor & Santabárbara, Daniel, 2013. "China's economic growth and rebalancing," Occasional Paper Series 142, European Central Bank.
- Adrian Van Rixtel & Gabriele Gasperini, 2013. "Financial crises and bank funding: recent experience in the euro area," BIS Working Papers 406, Bank for International Settlements.
- Henrique S. Basso & James Costain, 2016. "Macroprudential theory: advances and challenges," Occasional Papers 1604, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Pablo Hernández de Cos & Juan Francisco Jimeno & Roberto Ramos, 2017. "The Spanish public pension system: current situation, challenges and reform alternatives," Occasional Papers 1701, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- BAICU, Claudia Gabriela, 2010. "Basel Iii – A New Approach To Improve International Financial Stability," Annals of Spiru Haret University, Economic Series, Universitatea Spiru Haret, vol. 1(3), pages 117-123.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2011. "Central banking in Latin America: changes, achievements, challenges," Occasional Papers 1102, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Fernando López Vicente & José María Serena Garralda, 2014. "Macroeconomic policy in Brazil: inflation targeting, public debt structure and credit policies," Occasional Papers 1405, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Juan Carlos Berganza, 2011. "Fiscal rules in Latin America: a survey," Occasional Papers 1108, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Roca, Eduardo, 2011. "How globally contagious was the recent US real estate market crisis? Evidence based on a new contagion test," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2560-2565.
- Samuel Hurtado & Pablo Manzano & Eva Ortega & Alberto Urtasun, 2014. "Update and re-estimation of the quarterly model of Banco de España (MTBE)," Occasional Papers 1403, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Galo Nuño & Cristina Pulido & Rubén Segura-Cayuela, 2012. "Long-run growth and demographic prospects in advanced economies," Occasional Papers 1206, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Pablo Hernández de Cos & Mario Izquierdo & Alberto Urtasun, 2011. "An estimate of the potential growth of the Spanish economy," Occasional Papers 1104, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- João Pinto, 2014. "The Economics of Securitization: Evidence from the European Markets," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 02, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- João Pinto & Luís K. Pacheco, 2014. "The Economics Of Structured Leasing," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 04, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Eloísa Ortega & Juan Peñalosa, 2012. "The Spanish economic crisis: key factors and growth challenges in the euro area," Occasional Papers 1201, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- João Pinto & Manuel Marques & William Megginson, 2013. "A Comparative Analysis Of Ex Ante Credit Spreads: Structured Finance Versus Straight Debt Finance," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 05, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Pablo Hernández de Cos & Samuel Hurtado & Francisco Martí & Javier J. Pérez, 2016. "Public finances and inflation: the case of Spain," Occasional Papers 1606, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Pablo Hernández de Cos & Juan F. Jimeno, 2013. "Fiscal policy and external imbalances in a debt crisis: the Spanish case," Occasional Papers 1303, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- María J. Nieto, 2012. "What role, if any, can market discipline play in supporting macroprudential policy?," Occasional Papers 1202, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Eduardo Roca, 2010. "The Impact of the US Real Estate Market on Other Major Markets During Normal and Crisis Periods," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201003, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1219-1227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonsoles Gallego & Sándor Gardó & Reiner Martin & Luis Molina & José María Serena, 2010. "The Impact of the Global Economic and Financial Crisis on Central Eastern and SouthEastern Europe (CESEE) and Latin America," Occasional Papers 1002, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Pilar Cuadrado & Enrique Moral-Benito, 2016. "Potential growth of the spanish economy," Occasional Papers 1603, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial turmoil; financial markets; financial institutions; structured finance; securitization; credit derivatives;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2008-09-05 (Business Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2008-09-05 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-URE-2008-09-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bde:opaper:0808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (María Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de España). General contact details of provider: http://www.bde.es/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.