Basel Iii – A New Approach To Improve International Financial Stability
In its first part, the article highlights the factors standing at the basis of the modification of the general framework of development of the banking activity in the last decades and the main trends that manifested on the international banking market until the global financial crisis.Thenceforth, the main lessons learned from the global financial crisis for the regulation and supervision authorities are presented.The final part of the article concerns the Basel Committee answer to the global financial crisis, concretised in a reform programme regarding the regulatory framework of the banking activity.The improvements and news brought by the Basel III reform programme take into account the flaws revealed by the global financial crisis and have the purpose to strengthen the stability of the international financial system.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (004021) 455.1000
Fax: (004021) 314.39.08
Web page: http://anale-economie.spiruharet.ro/en/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnaldo MAURI & Claudia Gabriela BAICU, 2010. "Crisi finanziaria in corso e insegnamenti che si possono trarre," Departmental Working Papers 2010-08, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone, 2009. "Integration and Efficiency in EU Banking Markets," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Xavier Vives T., 2010.
"Competition and Stability in Banking,"
Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy),
Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(2), pages 85-112, August.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia (ed.), Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, edition 1, volume 16, chapter 12, pages 455-502 Central Bank of Chile.
- Vives, Xavier, 2010. "Competition and stability in banking," IESE Research Papers D/852, IESE Business School.
- Xavier Vives, 2010. "Competition and Stability in Banking," CESifo Working Paper Series 3050, CESifo Group Munich.
- Xavier Vives, 2010. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 576, Central Bank of Chile.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Sarai Criado & Adrian van Rixtel, 2008. "Structured finance and the financial turmoil of 2007-2008: and introductory overview," Banco de Espa�a Occasional Papers 0808, Banco de Espa�a.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:125:y:2010:i:1:p:307-362 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sphecs:0105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelian A BONDREA)or (Constantin Mecu) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Constantin Mecu to update the entry or send us the correct address
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.