Basel Iii – A New Approach To Improve International Financial Stability
In its first part, the article highlights the factors standing at the basis of the modification of the general framework of development of the banking activity in the last decades and the main trends that manifested on the international banking market until the global financial crisis.Thenceforth, the main lessons learned from the global financial crisis for the regulation and supervision authorities are presented.The final part of the article concerns the Basel Committee answer to the global financial crisis, concretised in a reform programme regarding the regulatory framework of the banking activity.The improvements and news brought by the Basel III reform programme take into account the flaws revealed by the global financial crisis and have the purpose to strengthen the stability of the international financial system.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (004021) 455.1000
Fax: (004021) 314.39.08
Web page: http://anale-economie.spiruharet.ro/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vives, Xavier, 2010.
"Competition and stability in banking,"
IESE Research Papers
D/852, IESE Business School.
- Xavier Vives T., 2010. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(2), pages 85-112, August.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia (ed.), Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, edition 1, volume 16, chapter 12, pages 455-502 Central Bank of Chile.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- Arnaldo MAURI & Claudia Gabriela BAICU, 2010. "Crisi finanziaria in corso e insegnamenti che si possono trarre," Departmental Working Papers 2010-08, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362, February.
- Sarai Criado & Adrian van Rixtel, 2008. "Structured finance and the financial turmoil of 2007-2008: and introductory overview," Banco de Espa�a Occasional Papers 0808, Banco de Espa�a.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone, 2009. "Integration and Efficiency in EU Banking Markets," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sphecs:0105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelian A BONDREA)or (Constantin Mecu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.