The credibility of European banks’ risk-weighted capital: structural differences or national segmentations?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Friendly, Michael & Kwan, Ernest, 2009. "Where's Waldo? Visualizing Collinearity Diagnostics," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 63(1), pages 56-65.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Paladino, Giovanna, 2013. "Why do banks optimize risk weights? The relevance of the cost of equity capital," MPRA Paper 46410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Boyd, John H. & Runkle, David E., 1993. "Size and performance of banking firms : Testing the predictions of theory," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 47-67, February.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2014. "The manipulation of basel risk-weights," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 300-321.
- Iannotta, Giuliano & Nocera, Giacomo & Sironi, Andrea, 2007. "Ownership structure, risk and performance in the European banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2127-2149, July.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1988. "The profitability and risk effects of allowing bank holding companies to merge with other financial firms: a simulation study," Proceedings 213, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sonali Das & Amadou N Sy, 2012. "How Risky Are Banks' Risk Weighted Assets? Evidence From the Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 12/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, René M., 2012.
"The credit crisis around the globe: Why did some banks perform better?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 1-17.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, Rene M., 2010. "The Credit Crisis around the Globe: Why Did Some Banks Perform Better?," Working Paper Series 2010-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2014.
"The manipulation of basel risk-weights,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 300-321.
- Mike Mariathasan & Ouarda Merrouche, 2012. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights. Evidence from 2007-10," Economics Series Working Papers 621, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schneider, Paul & SÃ¶gner, Leopold & VeÅ¾a, Tanja, 2010. "The Economic Role of Jumps and Recovery Rates in the Market for Corporate Default Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(6), pages 1517-1547, December.
- Boyd, John H. & Graham, Stanley L. & Hewitt, R. Shawn, 1993. "Bank holding company mergers with nonbank financial firms: Effects on the risk of failure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Ryo Kato & Shun Kobayashi & Yumi Saita, 2010. "Calibrating the Level of Capital: The Way We See It," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 10-E-6, Bank of Japan.
- Giuliano Iannotta & Giacomo Nocera & Andrea Sironi, 2007. "Ownership structure, risk and performance in the European banking industry," Post-Print hal-00861806, HAL.
- Francesco Vallascas & Jens Hagendorff, 2013. "The Risk Sensitivity of Capital Requirements: Evidence from an International Sample of Large Banks," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 17(6), pages 1947-1988.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1988. "The profitability and risk effects of allowing bank holding companies to merge with other financial firms: a simulation study," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 12(Spr), pages 3-20.
- Francesco cannata & Simone Casellina & Gregorio Guidi, 2012. "Inside the labyrinth of Basel risk-weighted assets: how not to get lost," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 132, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- AAlessio Reghezza & Jonathan Williams & Alessio Bongiovanni & Riccardo Santamaria, 2019. "Do Negative Interest Rates Affect Bank Risk-Taking?," Working Papers 19012, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Pérez Montes, Carlos & Trucharte Artigas, Carlos & Cristófoli, María Elizabeth & Lavín San Segundo, Nadia, 2018. "The impact of the IRB approach on the risk weights of European banks," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 147-166.
- Cucinelli, Doriana & Battista, Maria Luisa Di & Marchese, Malvina & Nieri, Laura, 2018. "Credit risk in European banks: The bright side of the internal ratings based approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 213-229.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; capital; risk-weighted assets; regulation; Basel accords;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2017-01-08 (Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2017-01-08 (European Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2017-01-08 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:baf:cbafwp:cbafwp1509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbbocit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.