Re-evaluating cryptocurrencies' contribution to portfolio diversification -- A portfolio analysis with special focus on German investors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1991.
"Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 225-262, April.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies," NBER Technical Working Papers 0089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "Implications of security market data for models of dynamic economies," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 29, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Dirk G. Baur & Brian M. Lucey, 2010.
"Is Gold a Hedge or a Safe Haven? An Analysis of Stocks, Bonds and Gold,"
The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 217-229, May.
- Dirk G. Baur & Brian M. Lucey, 2007. "Is Gold a Hedge or a Safe Haven? An Analysis of Stocks, Bonds and Gold," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp198, IIIS.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Baltzer, Markus & Stolper, Oscar & Walter, Andreas, 2011. "Home-field advantage or a matter of ambiguity aversion? Local bias among German individual investors," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,23, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Liu, Weiyi, 2019. "Portfolio diversification across cryptocurrencies," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 200-205.
- Yhlas Sovbetov, 2018.
"Factors Influencing Cryptocurrency Prices: Evidence from Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Litcoin, and Monero,"
Journal of Economics and Financial Analysis, Tripal Publishing House, vol. 2(2), pages 1-27.
- Sovbetov, Yhlas, 2018. "Factors Influencing Cryptocurrency Prices: Evidence from Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Litcoin, and Monero," MPRA Paper 85036, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bekaert, Geert & Urias, Michael S, 1996.
"Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 835-869, July.
- Geert Bekaert & Michael S. Urias, 1995. "Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds," NBER Working Papers 4990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ozgur S. Ince & R. Burt Porter, 2006. "Individual Equity Return Data From Thomson Datastream: Handle With Care!," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 463-479, December.
- Balli, Faruk & Basher, Syed Abul & Ozer-Balli, Hatice, 2010.
"From home bias to Euro bias: Disentangling the effects of monetary union on the European financial markets,"
Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 347-366, September.
- Balli, Faruk & Basher, Syed Abul & Ozer-Balli, Hatice, 2010. "From Home Bias to Euro Bias: Disentangling the Effects of Monetary Union on the European Financial Markets," MPRA Paper 22430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sigurt Vitols, 2005. "Changes in Germany's Bank‐Based Financial System: implications for corporate governance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 386-396, May.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Ferson, Wayne E & Foerster, Stephen R & Keim, Donald B, 1993. "General Tests of Latent Variable Models and Mean-Variance Spanning," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 131-156, March.
- Miguel Lobo & Maryam Fazel & Stephen Boyd, 2007. "Portfolio optimization with linear and fixed transaction costs," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 341-365, July.
- Gibbons, Michael R & Hess, Patrick, 1981. "Day of the Week Effects and Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 579-596, October.
- Smales, L.A., 2019. "Bitcoin as a safe haven: Is it even worth considering?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 385-393.
- Christoph J. Borner & Ingo Hoffmann & Fabian Poetter & Tim Schmitz, 2019. "On Capital Allocation under Information Constraints," Papers 1906.10624, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2020.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Bouri, Elie & Roubaud, David & Kristoufek, Ladislav & Lucey, Brian, 2019. "Is Bitcoin a better safe-haven investment than gold and commodities?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 322-330.
- Sofia Anyfantaki & Stelios Arvanitis & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2018. "Diversification, integration and cryptocurrency market," Working Papers 244, Bank of Greece.
- Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian & Peat, Maurice & Vigne, Samuel, 2018. "Bitcoin Futures—What use are they?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 23-27.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1977. "Conflict among Criteria for Testing Hypotheses in the Multivariate Linear Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1263-1277, July.
- Bouri, Elie & Molnár, Peter & Azzi, Georges & Roubaud, David & Hagfors, Lars Ivar, 2017.
"On the hedge and safe haven properties of Bitcoin: Is it really more than a diversifier?,"
Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 192-198.
- Elie Bouri & Peter Molnár & Georges Azzi & David Roubaud & Lars Ivar Hagfors, 2017. "On the hedge and safe haven properties of Bitcoin: Is it really more than a diversifier?," Post-Print hal-02000697, HAL.
- Baur, Dirk G. & Hong, KiHoon & Lee, Adrian D., 2018. "Bitcoin: Medium of exchange or speculative assets?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 177-189.
- Breusch, T S, 1979. "Conflict among Criteria for Testing Hypotheses: Extensions and Comments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 203-207, January.
- Dwyer, Gerald P., 2015. "The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 81-91.
- Dong He & Karl F Habermeier & Ross B Leckow & Vikram Haksar & Yasmin Almeida & Mikari Kashima & Nadim Kyriakos-Saad & Hiroko Oura & Tahsin Saadi Sedik & Natalia Stetsenko & Concha Verdugo Yepes, 2016. "Virtual Currencies and Beyond; Initial Considerations," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 16/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Kearney, Colm & Lucey, Brian, 2012. "Gravity and culture in foreign portfolio investment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 525-538.
- Belousova, Julia & Dorfleitner, Gregor, 2012. "On the diversification benefits of commodities from the perspective of euro investors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2455-2472.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "Hypothesis Testing with Efficient Method of Moments Estimation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 777-787, October.
- Jianqing Fan & Jingjin Zhang & Ke Yu, 2012. "Vast Portfolio Selection With Gross-Exposure Constraints," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 107(498), pages 592-606, June.
- Oehler, Andreas & Horn, Matthias, 2019. "Does Householdsâ€™ Wealth Predict the Efficiency of their Asset Mix? Empirical Evidence," Review of Behavioral Economics, now publishers, vol. 6(3), pages 249â€“282-2, August.
- Wolfgang Karl Härdle & David Kuo Chuen Lee & Sergey Nasekin & Alla Petukhina, 2018. "Tail Event Driven ASset allocation: evidence from equity and mutual funds’ markets," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 49-63, January.
- Cheah, Eng-Tuck & Fry, John, 2015. "Speculative bubbles in Bitcoin markets? An empirical investigation into the fundamental value of Bitcoin," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 32-36.
- Frijns, Bart & Gilbert, Aaron & Lehnert, Thorsten & Tourani-Rad, Alireza, 2013. "Uncertainty avoidance, risk tolerance and corporate takeover decisions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2457-2471.
- Chowdhury, Abdur, 2014. "Is Bitcoin the 'Paris Hilton' of the Currency World? Or Are the Early Investors onto Something That Will Make Them Rich?," Working Papers and Research 2014-01, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
- Dean Fantazzini & Stephan Zimin, 2020.
"A multivariate approach for the simultaneous modelling of market risk and credit risk for cryptocurrencies,"
Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 47(1), pages 19-69, March.
- Fantazzini, Dean & Zimin, Stephan, 2019. "A multivariate approach for the simultaneous modelling of market risk and credit risk for cryptocurrencies," MPRA Paper 95988, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Wolfgang Karl HÃ¤rdle & Sergey Nasekin & David Lee Kuo Chuen & Phoon Kok Fai, 2014. "TEDAS - Tail Event Driven ASset Allocation," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-032, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Borri, Nicola, 2019. "Conditional tail-risk in cryptocurrency markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-19.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:2006.06237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.