Long- and short-run price asymmetries in the Italian energy market: the case of gasoline and heating gasoil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Sam Peltzman, 2000.
"Prices Rise Faster than They Fall,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 466-502, June.
- Sam Peltzman, 1998. "Prices Rise Faster Than They Fall," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 142, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Galeotti, Marzio & Lanza, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2003.
"Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 175-190, March.
- M. Galeotti & A. Lanza & M. Manera, 2001. "Rockets and feathers revisited: an international comparison on European gasoline markets," Working Paper CRENoS 200112, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Giliola Frey & Matteo Manera, 2007.
"Econometric Models Of Asymmetric Price Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 349-415, April.
- Matteo Manera & Giliola Frey, 2005. "Econometric Models of Asymmetric Price Transmission," Working Papers 2005.100, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Frey, Giliola & Manera, Matteo, 2005. "Econometric Models of Asymmetric Price Transmission," International Energy Markets Working Papers 12122, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Afshin Honarvar, 2009. "Theoretical explanations for asymmetric relationships between gasoline and crude oil prices with focus on the US market," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 33(3-4), pages 205-224, September.
- Grasso, Margherita & Manera, Matteo, 2007.
"Asymmetric error correction models for the oil-gasoline price relationship,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 156-177, January.
- Matteo Manera & Margherita Grasso, 2005. "Asymmetric Error Correction Models for the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship," Working Papers 2005.75, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Antonio Angelo Romano & Giuseppe Scandurra, 2012. "Price asymmetries and volatility in the Italian gasoline market," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 36(2), pages 215-229, June.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Atil, Ahmed & Lahiani, Amine & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014.
"Asymmetric and nonlinear pass-through of crude oil prices to gasoline and natural gas prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 567-573.
- Ahmed Atil & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Asymmetric and nonlinear pass-through of crude oil prices to gasoline and natural gas prices," Post-Print halshs-01022598, HAL.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch,Â T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1994.
"Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 631-653.
- Newey, W.K. & West, K.D., 1992. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working papers 9220, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Whitney K. Newey, 1995. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-569 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1990. "Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125.
- Bacon, Robert W., 1991. "Rockets and feathers: the asymmetric speed of adjustment of UK retail gasoline prices to cost changes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 211-218, July.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
More about this item
Keywordsenergy prices; asymmetric cointegration.;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2015-01-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2015-01-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ais:wpaper:1407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alberto Bagnai). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asimmea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.