How Competitive Is The World Wheat Market?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Knetter, Michael M., 1999.
"Measuring the intensity of competition in export markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 27-60, February.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1995. "Measuring the Intensity of Competition in Export Markets," NBER Working Papers 5226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- Baker, Jonathan B. & Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1988. "Estimating the residual demand curve facing a single firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 283-300.
- Charles D. Kolstad & Anthony E. Burris, 1986. "Imperfectly Competitive Equilibria in International Commodity Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(1), pages 27-36.
- Carter, Colin A & MacLaren, Donald, 1997. "Price or Quantity Competition? Oligopolistic Structures in International Commodity Markets," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 373-385, August.
- Sampson, Gary P & Snape, Richard H, 1980. "Effects of the EEC's Variable Import Levies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 1026-1040, October.
- H. Alan Love & Endah Murniningtyas, 1992. "Measuring the Degree of Market Power Exerted by Government Trade Agencies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(3), pages 546-555.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Karp, Larry S & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1989. "Dynamic Oligopoly in the Rice Export Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 462-470, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gafarova, Gulmira & Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Glauben, Thomas, 2015. "An econometric analysis of market power in Azerbaijani wheat market: Evidence from Kazakhstan and Russia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211642, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Stiegert, Kyle W. & Wang, Shinn-Shyr, 2003. "Imperfect Competition And Strategic Trade Theory: What Have We Learned," Working Papers 14589, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Cho, Guedae & Jin, Hyun Joung & Koo, Won W., 2002. "Measuring The Market Power Of The U.S. Wheat Exporters In Asian Countries: An Issue About Adjustment Of Nominal Exchange Rate When Using As A Cost Shifter; The Competitiveness Of The U.S. Wheat Export," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19885, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Song, Baohui & Marchant, Mary A. & Xu, Shuang, 2006. "Who Dominates Market Power for U.S.-China Soybean Trade?," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35407, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jin, Hyun Joung, 2008. "A Long Memory Conditional Variance Model for International Grain Markets," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 31(2), May.
- Jinghua Xie & Dengjun Zhang, 2014. "Imperfect Competition and Structural Changes in the US Salmon Import Market," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(4), pages 375-389.
- Páll, Zsombor, 2015. "Three essays on the Russian wheat export," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 80, number 80.
- Celal Tasdogan & Efthimia Tsakiridou & Konstantinos Mattas, 2005. "Country Market Power in EU Olive Oil Trade," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 3(2), pages 211-219.
- Richard Carew & Wojciech J. Florkowski, 2003. "Pricing to Market Behavior by Canadian and U.S. Agri-food Exporters: Evidence from Wheat, Pulse and Apples," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 51(2), pages 139-159, July.
- Zsombor Pall & Oleksandr Perekhozhuk & Thomas Glauben & Sören Prehn & Ramona Teuber, 2014. "Residual demand measures of market power of Russian wheat exporters," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(3), pages 381-391, May.
- Evans, Edwardv A. & Ballen, Fredy H., 2015. "Competitive Behavior in the U.S. Green Skin Avocado Market," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 46(3), November.
- Zhang, Qiang & Reed, Michael R. & Saghaian, Sayed H., 2007. "Export Market Pricing Decisions and Market Power in World Grain Markets: A Duopoly Model for Soybeans," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34949, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Pan, Suwen & Hudson, Darren & Ethridge, Don E., 2009. "The Influence Of Market Structure On The Impacts Of Domestic Subsidies On International Cotton Marekts," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51196, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordswheat trade; competition; Crop Production/Industries; International Relations/Trade; F14; L10; Q17;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ucdavw:11973. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daucdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.