Who Dominates Market Power for U.S.-China Soybean Trade?
This research develops a two-country partial equilibrium trade model to test the market power of Chinese soybean importers and U.S. soybean exporters in the soybean trade between the two countries. Results show that Chinese soybean importers have stronger market power than U.S. soybean exporters.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carter, Colin A. & MacLaren, Donald & Yilmaz, Alper, 1999. "How Competitive Is The World Wheat Market?," Working Papers 11973, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- A. P. Lerner, 1934. "The Concept of Monopoly and the Measurement of Monopoly Power," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 157-175.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1995.
"Measuring the Intensity of Competition in Export Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
5226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Knetter, Michael M., 1999. "Measuring the intensity of competition in export markets," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 27-60, February.
- Carter, Colin A & MacLaren, Donald, 1997. "Price or Quantity Competition? Oligopolistic Structures in International Commodity Markets," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 373-385, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaso:35407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.