The Effects of Public Debt on Labor Demand in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sven Arndt, 2006. "Regional currency arrangements in North America," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C. & Wright, Peter, 1999. "An empirical assessment of the impact of trade on employment in the United Kingdom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 485-500, September.
- Nguyen Thanh Xuan & Yuqing Xing, 2008. "Foreign direct investment and exports," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(2), pages 183-197, April.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009.
"The Tale of Three Amigos: Remittances, Exchange Rates, and Money Demand in Mexico,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2007. "The Tale of Three Amigos: Remittances, Exchange Rates and Money Demand in Mexico," Working Papers 0704, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Stewart Ngandu, 2008. "Exchange Rates And Employment," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(s2), pages 205-221, August.
- Pozzolo, Alberto Franco & Nucci, Francesco, 2008.
"Exchange Rate, Employment and Hours: What Firm-Level Data Say,"
Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers
esdp08049, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Francesco Nucci & Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2009. "Exchange Rate, Employment and Hours: What Firm-Level Data Say," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 12, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime, 2006. "Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 631-646, April.
- Koray, Faik & Lastrapes, William D, 1989. "Real Exchange Rate Volatility and U.S. Bilateral Trade: A VAR Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 708-712, November.
- Klein, Michael W. & Schuh, Scott & Triest, Robert K., 2003.
"Job creation, job destruction, and the real exchange rate,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 239-265, March.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 1999. "Job creation, job destruction, and the real exchange rate," Working Papers 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Michael W. Klein & Scott Schuh & Robert K. Triest, 2000. "Job Creation, Job Destruction, and the Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 7466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert A. Blecker, 2007.
"The Economic Consequences of Dollar Appreciation for US Manufacturing Investment: A Time-Series Analysis,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 491-517.
- Robert A. Blecker, 2006. "The Economic Consequences of Dollar Appreciation for US Manufacturing Investment: A Time-Series Analysis," Working Papers 2006-07, American University, Department of Economics.
- Raimundo Soto, 2008. "Unemployment and Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Latin American Economies," Documentos de Trabajo 337, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Zhenhui Xu, 2008. "China's Exchange Rate Policy and Its Trade Balance with the US," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 714-727, November.
- Wu, Jyh-Lin & Chen, Show-Lin & Lee, Hsiu-Yun, 2001. "Are current account deficits sustainable?: Evidence from panel cointegration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 219-224, August.
- Xiaolan Fu & V. N. Balasubramanyam, 2005. "Exports, Foreign Direct Investment and Employment: The Case of China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 607-625, April.
- Lastrapes, William D. & Koray, Faik, 1990. "Exchange rate volatility and U.S. multilateral trade flows," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 341-362.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment rate; government; budget deficit; exchange rate; trade deficit; FDI; Financial Economics; International Development; Labor and Human Capital; Political Economy; Public Economics; F31; J01; E24; E62;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea10:56361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.