Economics of invasive alien species: pre-emptive versus reactive control
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2000. "Economic Profitability Versus Ecological Entropy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(1), pages 237-263.
- Gollier, Christian, 2002. "Discounting an uncertain future," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 149-166, August.
- Arce M., Daniel G. & Sandler, Todd, 2001. "Transnational public goods: strategies and institutions," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 493-516, September.
- Kaya, C. Yalcin, 2004. "Time-optimal switching control for the US cocaine epidemic," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 57-72, March.
- Cheryl Brown & Lori Lynch & David Zilberman, 2002.
"The Economics of Controlling Insect-Transmitted Plant Diseases,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 279-291.
- Brown, Cheryl & Lynch, Lori & Zilberman, David, 2000. "The Economics Of Controlling Insect-Transmitted Plant Diseases," Working Papers 28557, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Knowler, D., 2005. "Reassessing the costs of biological invasion: Mnemiopsis leidyi in the Black sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 187-199, January.
- Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason F. & Fischer, Carolyn, 2005.
"How trade politics affect invasive species control,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 305-313, February.
- Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason, 2004. "How Trade Politics Affect Invasive Species Control," Discussion Papers dp-04-07, Resources For the Future.
- Barrett, Scott, 1997. "The strategy of trade sanctions in international environmental agreements," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 345-361, November.
- Born, Wanda & Rauschmayer, Felix & Brauer, Ingo, 2005. "Economic evaluation of biological invasions--a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 321-336, November.
- Jean-Daniel M. Saphores, 2000. "The Economic Threshold with a Stochastic Pest Population: A Real Options Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 541-555.
- Burnett, Kimberly M., 2006. "Introductions of Invasive Species: Failure of the Weaker Link," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- McAusland, Carol & Costello, Christopher, 2004. "Avoiding invasives: trade-related policies for controlling unintentional exotic species introductions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 954-977, September.
- Keohane, Nathaniel O & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 2003. "The Ecology of Terror Defense," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 201-229, March-May.
- Lars J. Olson & Santanu Roy, 2002. "The Economics of Controlling a Stochastic Biological Invasion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1311-1316.
- Settle, Chad & Crocker, Thomas D. & Shogren, Jason F., 2002. "On the joint determination of biological and economic systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 301-311, August.
- Azzam, Azzeddine & Baker, Maurice & Berry, Ivan & Campbell, John, 1995. "An exploratory bioeconomic model of pesticide use for controlling feedlot-cattle pests," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 503-513.
- Heal, Geoffrey & Walker, Brian & Levin, Simon & Arrow, Kenneth & Dasgupta, Partha & Daily, Gretchen & Ehrlich, Paul & Maler, Karl-Goran & Kautsky, Nils & Lubchenco, Jane, 2004. "Genetic diversity and interdependent crop choices in agriculture," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 175-184, June.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Weitzman, Martin L., 2002. "On the implications of endogenous resistance to medications," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 709-718, July.
- Thomas, Michael H. & Randall, Alan, 2000. "Intentional introductions of nonindigenous species: a principal-agent model and protocol for revocable decisions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 333-345, September.
- Christopher Costello & Carol McAusland, 2003. "Protectionism, Trade, and Measures of Damage from Exotic Species Introductions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 964-975.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:mttfdp:11865. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mttlgfi.html .