Biosecurity Incentives, Network Effects, and Entry of a Rapidly Spreading Pest
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hennessy, David A., 2008. "Biosecurity incentives, network effects, and entry of a rapidly spreading pest," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 230-239, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karl-Göran Mäler & Aart De Zeeuw, 1998. "The Acid Rain Differential Game," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 167-184, September.
- Eyal Winter, 2004. "Incentives and Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 764-773, June.
- Potters, Jan & Sefton, Martin & Vesterlund, Lise, 2005.
"After you--endogenous sequencing in voluntary contribution games,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(8), pages 1399-1419, August.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Sefton, M. & Vesterlund, L., 2003. "After You - Endogenous Sequencing in Voluntary Contribution Games," Discussion Paper 2003-98, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Sefton, M. & Vesterlund, L., 2005. "After you - endogenous sequencing in voluntary contribution games," Other publications TiSEM db491f52-df7b-43dd-ab2b-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason F. & Fischer, Carolyn, 2005.
"How trade politics affect invasive species control,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 305-313, February.
- Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason, 2004. "How Trade Politics Affect Invasive Species Control," Discussion Papers dp-04-07, Resources For the Future.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Beladi, Hamid, 2006.
"International trade and biological invasions: A queuing theoretic analysis of the prevention problem,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 170(3), pages 758-770, May.
- Beladi, Hamid & Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 2004. "International Trade And Biological Invasions: A Queuing Theoretic Analysis Of The Prevention Problem," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19912, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Murdoch, James C & Sandler, Todd & Sargent, Keith, 1997. "A Tale of Two Collectives: Sulphur versus Nitrogen Oxides Emission Reduction in Europe," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(254), pages 281-301, May.
- de Zeeuw, A.J., 1998. "The acid rain differential game," Other publications TiSEM f6c561bf-c603-4de7-994c-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Leung, Brian & Finnoff, David & Shogren, Jason F. & Lodge, David, 2005. "Managing invasive species: Rules of thumb for rapid assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 24-36, October.
- Eyal Winter, 2006. "Optimal incentives for sequential production processes," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(2), pages 376-390, June.
- Richard D. Horan & Charles Perrings & Frank Lupi & Erwin H. Bulte, 2002. "Biological Pollution Prevention Strategies under Ignorance:The Case of Invasive Species," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1303-1310.
- Shy,Oz, 2001. "The Economics of Network Industries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805001, March.
- David A. Hennessy, 2007. "Biosecurity and Spread of an Infectious Animal Disease," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1226-1231.
- Echenique, Federico & Edlin, Aaron, 2004.
"Mixed equilibria are unstable in games of strategic complements,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 61-79, September.
- Echenique, Federico & Edlin, Aaron S., 2004. "Mixed equilibria are unstable in games of strategic complements," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt1ht651hk, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Tschirhart, John, 2005. "Integrating ecology and economics to address bioinvasions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 267-271, February.
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- James Andreoni, 1998. "Toward a Theory of Charitable Fund-Raising," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1186-1213, December.
- Lars J. Olson & Santanu Roy, 2002. "The Economics of Controlling a Stochastic Biological Invasion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1311-1316.
- Vives, Xavier, 1990. "Nash equilibrium with strategic complementarities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 305-321.
- Horan, Richard D. & Lupi, Frank, 2005. "Tradeable risk permits to prevent future introductions of invasive alien species into the Great Lakes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 289-304, February.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "Rationalizability, Learning, and Equilibrium in Games with Strategic Complementarities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1255-1277, November.
- Perrings, Charles, 2005. "Mitigation and adaptation strategies for the control of biological invasions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 315-325, February.
- McAusland, Carol & Costello, Christopher, 2004. "Avoiding invasives: trade-related policies for controlling unintentional exotic species introductions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 954-977, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chitchumnong, Piyayut & Horan, Richard D., 2015. "Multiple Choices, Strategic Interactions, and Market Effects in Livestock Disease Risk Management," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205778, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Bate, Andrew M. & Jones, Glyn & Kleczkowski, Adam & MacLeod, Alan & Naylor, Rebecca & Timmis, Jon & Touza, Julia & White, Piran C.L., 2016. "Modelling the impact and control of an infectious disease in a plant nursery with infected plant material inputs," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 334(C), pages 27-43.
- repec:bla:ecorec:v:93:y:2017:i:301:p:277-301 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Gregor, 2011. "Tradeoffs of foreign assistance for the weakest-link global public goods," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 18(2), pages 233-251, April.
- Florec, Veronique & Sadler, Rohan J. & White, Ben & Dominiak, Bernie C., 2013. "Choosing the battles: The economics of area wide pest management for Queensland fruit fly," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 203-213.
More about this item
Keywordscommunication; complementarity; increasing returns; infectious disease; invasive species; network economics; public good;
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:35016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .