Economic evaluation of biological invasions--a survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Costanza, Robert & Farber, Steve, 2002. "Introduction to the special issue on the dynamics and value of ecosystem services: integrating economic and ecological perspectives," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 367-373, June.
- Munda, Giuseppe, 1996. "Cost-benefit analysis in integrated environmental assessment: some methodological issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 157-168, November.
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 393-408, June.
- B.W. van Wilgen & D.M. Richardson & D.C. Le Maitre & C. Marais & D. Magadlela, 2001. "The Economic Consequences of Alien Plant Invasions: Examples of Impacts and Approaches to Sustainable Management in South Africa," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 145-168, June.
- Odom, Doreen I. S. & Cacho, Oscar J. & Sinden, J. A. & Griffith, Garry R., 2003. "Policies for the management of weeds in natural ecosystems: the case of scotch broom (Cytisus scoparius, L.) in an Australian national park," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 119-135, February.
- Higgins, Steven I. & Azorin, Esteban J. & Cowling, Richard M. & Morris, Mike J., 1997. "A dynamic ecological-economic model as a tool for conflict resolution in an invasive-alien-plant, biological control and native-plant scenario," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 141-154, August.
- Settle, Chad & Crocker, Thomas D. & Shogren, Jason F., 2002. "On the joint determination of biological and economic systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 301-311, August.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2001. "A note on the economics of biological invasions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 197-202, November.
- Rauschmayer, Felix, 2003. "Integrated assessment of biological invasions," UFZ Discussion Papers 1/2003, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Turner, R. Kerry & Paavola, Jouni & Cooper, Philip & Farber, Stephen & Jessamy, Valma & Georgiou, Stavros, 2003. "Valuing nature: lessons learned and future research directions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 493-510, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McIntosh, Christopher R. & Shogren, Jason F. & Finnoff, David C., 2010. "Invasive species and delaying the inevitable: Valuation evidence from a national survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 632-640, January.
- Olson, Lars J., 2006.
"The Economics of Terrestrial Invasive Species: A Review of the Literature,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 178-194, April.
- Olson, Lars J., 2006. "The Economics of Terrestrial Invasive Species: A Review of the Literature," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- arnaud dragicevic, 2012. "Bayesian Population Dynamics of Spreading Species," THEMA Working Papers 2012-30, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Katarina Elofsson & Ing-Marie Gren, 2015. "Regulating invasive species with different life history," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 113-136, July.
- Romano, Eduardo & Thornsbury, Suzanne, 2007. "Economic Evaluation of SPS Regulations: Where Can Progress be Made?," Staff Papers 36946, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Gren, Ing-Marie & Isacs, Lina & Carlsson, Mattias, 2007. "Calculation of costs of alien invasive species in Sweden - technical report," Department of Economics publications 3125, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Mwebaze, P. & MacLeod, A. & Tomlinson, D. & Barois, H. & Rijpma, J., 2010. "Economic valuation of the influence of invasive alien species on the economy of the Seychelles islands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2614-2623, October.
- Heikkila, Jaakko, 2006. "Economics of invasive alien species: pre-emptive versus reactive control," Discussion Papers 11865, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
- repec:bla:jageco:v:68:y:2017:i:3:p:781-800 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rai, Rajesh Kumar & Scarborough, Helen, 2012. "Estimating the public benefits of mitigating damages caused by invasive plant species in a subsistence economy," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124421, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Dalmazzone, Silvana & Giaccaria, Sergio, 2014.
"Economic drivers of biological invasions: A worldwide, bio-geographic analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 154-165.
- Dalmazzone Silvana & Giaccaria Sergio, 2012. "Economic drivers of biological invasions: A worldwide, bio-geographical analysis," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201215, University of Turin.
- Livanis, Grigorios & Moss, Charles B., 2010. "The effect of Africanized honey bees on honey production in the United States: An informational approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 895-904, February.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:29:y:2018:i:pb:p:260-270 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cook, David & Proctor, Wendy, 2007. "Assessing the threat of exotic plant pests," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 594-604, August.
- Eli Fenichel & Timothy Richards & David Shanafelt, 2014. "The Control of Invasive Species on Private Property with Neighbor-to-Neighbor Spillovers," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 59(2), pages 231-255, October.
- David C. Cook & Jean-Philippe Aurambout & Oscar N. Villalta & Shuang Liu & Jacqueline Edwards & Savi Maharaj, 2016. "A bio-economic ‘war game’ model to simulate plant disease incursions and test response strategies at the landscape scale," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 37-48, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:55:y:2005:i:3:p:321-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.