Agglomeration externalities and technical efficiency in French pig production
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Solène Larue & Laure Latruffe, 2009. "Agglomeration externalities and technical efficiency in French pig production," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 09-10, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald S. Siegel & Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 1999. "Scale Economies and Industry Agglomeration Externalities: A Dynamic Cost Function Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 272-290, March.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Hall, Robert E, 1996.
"Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 54-70, March.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1993. "Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 4313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1995. "Productivity and the density of economic activity," Economics Working Papers 120, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Philippe Le Goffe & Julien Salanié, 2005.
"Le droit d’épandage a-t-il un prix ? Mesure sur le marché foncier,"
Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 77, pages 36-64.
- Le Goffe, Philippe & Salanié, Julien, 2005. "Le droit d’épandage a-t-il un prix ? Mesure sur le marché foncier," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 77.
- Philippe Le Goffe & Julien Salanié, 2005. "Le droit d’épandage a-t-il un prix ? Mesure sur le marché foncier," Post-Print hal-01201111, HAL.
- Azzeddine Azzam & Cari S. Skinner, 2007. "Vertical Economies and the Structure of U.S. Hog Farms," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 55(3), pages 349-364, September.
- Henderson, J V, 1974. "The Sizes and Types of Cities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 640-656, September.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 2003. "Marshall's scale economies," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-28, January.
- J. Vernon Henderson, Zmarak Shalizi, and Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "Geography and development," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 81-105, January.
- Stefan Bojnec & Laure Latruffe, 2009.
"Determinants of technical efficiency of Slovenian farms,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 117-124.
- Stefan Bojnec & Laure Latruffe, 2007. "Determinants of technical efficiency of Slovenian farms," Post-Print hal-02319376, HAL.
- Stefan Bojnec & Laure Latruffe, 2009. "Determinants of technical efficiency of Slovenian farms," Post-Print hal-02662290, HAL.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Sophia Davidova & Laure Latruffe, 2007.
"Relationships between Technical Efficiency and Financial Management for Czech Republic Farms,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 269-288, June.
- Sophia Davidova & Laure Latruffe, 2007. "Relationships between technical efficiency and financial management for Czech Republic farms," Post-Print hal-02381915, HAL.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Key, Nigel D. & McBride, William D., 2007. "The Changing Economics of U.S. Hog Production," Economic Research Report 6389, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Chih‐Ching Yang & Ching‐Kai Hsiao & Ming‐Miin Yu, 2008. "Technical efficiency and impact of environmental regulations in farrow‐to‐finish swine production in Taiwan," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 51-61, July.
- Luis R. Murillo-Zamorano, 2004. "Economic Efficiency and Frontier Techniques," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 33-77, February.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Paul, Catherine J. Morrison, 2005. "Agglomeration economies and industry location decisions: the impacts of spatial and industrial spillovers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 215-237, May.
- Ragnar Tveteras & George E. Battese, 2006. "Agglomeration Externalities, Productivity, And Technical Inefficiency," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 605-625, October.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Strange, William C., 2004. "Evidence on the nature and sources of agglomeration economies," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.),Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 49, pages 2119-2171, Elsevier.
- Isabelle Piot-Lepetit & Monique Moing, 2007. "Productivity and environmental regulation: the effect of the nitrates directive in the French pig sector," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(4), pages 433-446, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diejun Huang & Qiuzhuo Ma & Liangyu Feng & Xiaowei Wen & Hua Li, 2018. "Applying Data Mining to China’s Swine Farming Industry: A Compromise Perspective of Economic, Environmental and Overall Performances," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-26, July.
- Latruffe, Laure & Desjeux, Yann & Fogarasi, Jozsef & Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2010. "Technical efficiency and environmental pressures of pig farms in Hungary," 120th Seminar, September 2-4, 2010, Chania, Crete 109385, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hunecke, C. & Meyer, S. & Brummer, B., 2018. "Technology Diffusion through Networks - Adoption of automatic milking systems in Germany," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277543, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Livestock Production/Industries;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:inrasl:210403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inrapfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.