Index-based insurance of gross margin in agriculture – key challenges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Cafiero & Fabian Capitanio & Antonio Cioffi & Adele Coppola, 2007. "Risk and Crisis Management in the Reformed European Agricultural Policy," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 55(4), pages 419-441, December.
- Michael Carter & Ghada Elabed & Elena Serfilippi, 2015.
"Behavioral economic insights on index insurance design,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 75(1), pages 8-18, May.
- Michael Carter & Ghada Elabed & Elena Serfilippi, "undated". "Behavioral Economic Insights on Index Insurance Design," Mathematica Policy Research Reports b304229c8789460683a3e4ed3, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Black, J. Roy & Hu, Yingyao & Skees, Jerry R., 2005. "Is Area Yield Insurance Competitive with Farm Yield Insurance?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(2), pages 1-17, August.
- Hans P. Binswanger-Mkhize, 2012. "Is There Too Much Hype about Index-based Agricultural Insurance?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 187-200, February.
- Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Gould, Brian W., 2012. "Livestock Gross Margin Insurance for Dairy: Designing Margin Insurance Contracts to Account for Tail Dependence Risk," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124718, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural Finance; Farm Management; Political Economy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-10-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2018-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2018-10-22 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iafepa:276382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ierigpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.