Migration, Agricultural Production and Diversification: A case study from Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, J Edward & Rozelle, Scott & de Brauw, Alan, 2003. "Migration and Incomes in Source Communities: A New Economics of Migration Perspective from China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 75-101, October.
- Brennan, Donna C. & Petersen, Elizabeth H. & Que, Nguyen Ngoc & Vanzetti, David, 2012. "Rural-Urban Migration and Vietnamese Agriculture," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Fremantle, Australia 124405, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1987. "Emigration to South Africa's Mines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 313-330, June.
- Mundlack, Yair & Larson, Donald F. & Butzer, Rita, 2002. "Determinants of agricultural growth in Indonesia, the Philippines, and Thailand," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2803, The World Bank.
- Fleur Wouterse, 2010.
"Migration and technical efficiency in cereal production: evidence from Burkina Faso,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(5), pages 385-395, September.
- Wouterse, Fleur S., 2008. "Migration and technical efficiency in cereal production: Evidence from Burkina Faso," IFPRI discussion papers 815, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lucas, Robert E.B., 2007.
"Migration and Rural Development,"
eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 0(Issue 1), pages 1-24.
- Robert E.B. Lucas, 2007. "Migration and rural development," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 4(1), pages 99-122.
- Amare, Mulubrhan & Hohfeld, Lena & Jitsuchon, Somchai & Waibel, Hermann, 2012. "Rural–Urban Migration and Employment Quality: A Case Study from Thailand," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 309, Asian Development Bank.
- Minot, Nicholas & Epprecht, Michael & Anh, Tran Thi Tram & Trung, Le Quang, 2006. "Income diversification and poverty in the Northern Uplands of Vietnam:," Research reports 145, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Klaus Deininger & Songqing Jin, 2008.
"Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(1), pages 67-101, February.
- Deininger, Klaus & Songqing Jin, 2003. "Land sales and rental markets in transition - evidence from rural Viet Nam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3013, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2005. "Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19359, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Amy Lynne Damon, 2010. "Agricultural Land Use and Asset Accumulation in Migrant Households: the Case of El Salvador," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 162-189.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong & Daniel Mont, 2012. "Economic impacts of international migration and remittances on household welfare in Vietnam," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 144-163, June.
- Amare, Mulubrhan & Hohfeld, Lena & Jitsuchon, Somchai & Waibel, Hermann, 2012. "Rural–Urban Migration and Employment Quality: A Case Study From Thailand," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 29(1), pages 57-79.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Stefan Dercon, 2002.
"Income Risk, Coping Strategies, and Safety Nets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 141-166, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2000. "Income risk, coping strategies and safety nets," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-26, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2002. "Income Risk, Coping Strategies and Safety Nets," WIDER Working Paper Series 022, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Butzer, Rita & Larson, Donald F. & Mundlak, Yair, 2002. "Determinants Of Agricultural Growth In Thailand, Indonesia And The Philippines," Discussion Papers 14979, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Alan De Brauw, 2007. "Seasonal Migration and Agriculture in Vietnam," Working Papers 07-04, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- J. Edward Taylor & Alejandro Lopez-Feldman, 2010.
"Does Migration Make Rural Households More Productive? Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 68-90.
- J. Edward Taylor & Alejandro López-Feldman, 2007. "Does Migration Make Rural Households More Productive? Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 07-10, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Phung Duc, Tung & Waibel, Hermann, 2009. "Diversification, risk management and risk coping strategies: Evidence from rural households in three provinces in Vietnam," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 25, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2008. "Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 150-175, February.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Nancy McCarthy & Calogero Carletto & Talip Kilic & Benjamin Davis, 2009. "Assessing the Impact of Massive Out-Migration on Albanian Agriculture," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 21(3), pages 448-470, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity/Rural/Urban Development; Labor and Human Capital;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-05-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-05-14 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2016-05-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SEA-2016-05-14 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2016-05-14 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae15:229379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.