Migration, Agricultural Production and Diversification: A case study from Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, J Edward & Rozelle, Scott & de Brauw, Alan, 2003. "Migration and Incomes in Source Communities: A New Economics of Migration Perspective from China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 75-101, October.
- Brennan, Donna C. & Petersen, Elizabeth H. & Que, Nguyen Ngoc & Vanzetti, David, 2012. "Rural-Urban Migration and Vietnamese Agriculture," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124405, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1987. "Emigration to South Africa's Mines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 313-330, June.
- Mundlack, Yair & Larson, Donald F. & Butzer, Rita, 2002. "Determinants of agricultural growth in Indonesia, the Philippines, and Thailand," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2803, The World Bank.
- Fleur Wouterse, 2010.
"Migration and technical efficiency in cereal production: evidence from Burkina Faso,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(5), pages 385-395, September.
- Wouterse, Fleur S., 2008. "Migration and technical efficiency in cereal production: Evidence from Burkina Faso," IFPRI discussion papers 815, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lucas, Robert E.B., 2007.
"Migration and Rural Development,"
eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 4(1).
- Robert E.B. Lucas, 2007. "Migration and rural development," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 4(1), pages 99-122.
- Amare, Mulubrhan & Hohfeld, Lena & Jitsuchon, Somchai & Waibel, Hermann, 2012. "Rural–Urban Migration and Employment Quality: A Case Study from Thailand," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 309, Asian Development Bank.
- Minot, Nicholas & Epprecht, Michael & Anh, Tran Thi Tram & Trung, Le Quang, 2006. "Income diversification and poverty in the Northern Uplands of Vietnam:," Research reports 145, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2008.
"Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 150-175, February.
- Mariapia MENDOLA, 2005. "Migration and technological change in rural households: complements or substitutes?," Departmental Working Papers 2005-15, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Klaus Deininger & Songqing Jin, 2008.
"Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(1), pages 67-101, February.
- Deininger, Klaus & Songqing Jin, 2003. "Land sales and rental markets in transition - evidence from rural Viet Nam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3013, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2005. "Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19359, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Amy Lynne Damon, 2010. "Agricultural Land Use and Asset Accumulation in Migrant Households: the Case of El Salvador," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 162-189.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong & Daniel Mont, 2012. "Economic impacts of international migration and remittances on household welfare in Vietnam," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 144-163, June.
- Amare, Mulubrhan & Hohfeld, Lena & Jitsuchon, Somchai & Waibel, Hermann, 2012. "Rural–Urban Migration and Employment Quality: A Case Study From Thailand," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 29(1), pages 57-79.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Stefan Dercon, 2002.
"Income Risk, Coping Strategies, and Safety Nets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 141-166, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2000. "Income risk, coping strategies and safety nets," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-26, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2002. "Income Risk, Coping Strategies and Safety Nets," WIDER Working Paper Series 022, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Butzer, Rita & Larson, Donald F. & Mundlak, Yair, 2002. "Determinants Of Agricultural Growth In Thailand, Indonesia And The Philippines," Discussion Papers 14979, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Alan De Brauw, 2007. "Seasonal Migration and Agriculture in Vietnam," Working Papers 07-04, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- J. Edward Taylor & Alejandro Lopez-Feldman, 2010.
"Does Migration Make Rural Households More Productive? Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 68-90.
- J. Edward Taylor & Alejandro López-Feldman, 2007. "Does Migration Make Rural Households More Productive? Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 07-10, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Phung Duc, Tung & Waibel, Hermann, 2009. "Diversification, risk management and risk coping strategies: Evidence from rural households in three provinces in Vietnam," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 25, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Nancy McCarthy & Calogero Carletto & Talip Kilic & Benjamin Davis, 2009. "Assessing the Impact of Massive Out-Migration on Albanian Agriculture," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 21(3), pages 448-470, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; Remittances; Agricultural Productivity; Diversification; Vietnam; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Labor and Human Capital; J62; D13; O13; Q12;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-05-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-05-14 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2016-05-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SEA-2016-05-14 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2016-05-14 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae15:229379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .