Interformat price competition of multi-product retailers: Evidence for German grocery retailing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gijsbrechts, E. & Campo, K. & Nisol, P., 2005. "Beyond Promotion-Based Store Switching : Antecedents and Consequences of Systematic Multiple-Store Shopping," Discussion Paper 2005-76, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Jens-Peter Loy & Christoph R. Weiss, 2009. "Sales by multi-product retailers: a comment," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(8), pages 513-515.
- Paul W. Dobson & Michael Waterson & Stephen W. Davies, 2003. "The Patterns and Implications of Increasing Concentration in European Food Retailing," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 111-125.
- Timothy J. Richards, 2006. "Sales by multi-product retailers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 261-277.
- Srinivasan, V. Seenu & Bodapati, Anand V., 2006. "The Impact of Feature Advertising on Customer Store Choice," Research Papers 1935, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Christoph R. Weiss & Antje Wittkopp, 2005. "Retailer concentration and product innovation in food manufacturing," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(2), pages 219-244, June.
- Kathleen Cleeren & Frank Verboven & Marnik G. Dekimpe & Katrijn Gielens, 2010.
"Intra- and Interformat Competition Among Discounters and Supermarkets,"
INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 456-473, 05-06.
- Cleeren, Kathleen & Dekimpe, Marnik G. & Gielens, Katrijn & Verboven, Frank, 2008. "Intra- and Inter-Format Competition Among Discounters and Supermarkets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6964, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lal, Rajiv & Matutes, Carmen, 1994. "Retail Pricing and Advertising Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(3), pages 345-370, July.
- Daniel Levy & Shantanu Dutta & Mark Bergen & Robert Venable, 1998. "Price adjustment at multiproduct retailers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 81-120.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Daniel Hosken & David Reiffen, 2004. "How Retailers Determine Which Products Should Go on Sale: Evidence From Store-Level Data," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 141-177, June.
- Sebnem Bahadir-Lust & Jens-Peter Loy & Christoph R. Weiss, 2007. "Are they always offering the lowest price? An empirical analysis of the persistence of price dispersion in a low inflation environment," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 777-788.
- Deleersnyder, B. & Dekimpe, M.G. & Steenkamp, J.E.B.M. & Koll, O., 2007. "Win-win strategies at discount stores," Other publications TiSEM 34fbe624-0ee7-4c52-b640-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- David R. Bell & James M. Lattin, 1998. "Shopping Behavior and Consumer Preference for Store Price Format: Why “Large Basket” Shoppers Prefer EDLP," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 66-88.
- Ram C. Rao & Niladri Syam, 2001. "Equilibrium Price Communication and Unadvertised Specials by Competing Supermarkets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 61-81.
- Schmidt, Peter & Phillips, C B Peter, 1992. "LM Tests for a Unit Root in the Presence of Deterministic Trends," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 257-287, August.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1999. "Sticky prices in a dynamic oligopoly: An investigation of (s,S) thresholds," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 477-511, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anania, Giovanni & Nisticò, Rosanna, 2014. "Price dispersion and seller heterogeneity in retail food markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 190-201.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae11:114533. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .