Incorporating Commodity Stockholding Behavior Into A Short-Run General Equilibrium Model Of The Global Economy
This paper incorporates commodity stockholding into a short run, stochastic global general equilibrium model. A mix of econometric and calibration techniques are used to reconcile model outcomes with historical stockholding and price behavior. The resulting framework is useful for analyzing policies in the short run or presence of production variability.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DeVuyst, Eric A. & Preckel, Paul V., 1997. "Sensitivity analysis revisited: A quadrature-based approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 175-185, April.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1994.
"The computational experiment: an econometric tool,"
178, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-98, March.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," NBER Working Papers 5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Preckel, Paul V. & Reimer, Jeffrey J., 2001. "Trade Policy, Food Price Variability, And The Vulnerability Of Low-Income Households," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20692, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Anonymous & Jones, Elizabeth A., 1998. "Regional Trade Agreements and U.S. Agriculture," Agricultural Economics Reports 33979, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Anonymous & Jones, Elizabeth A., 1998. "Regional Trade Agreements and U.S. Agriculture," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33661, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Tyers,Rod & Anderson,Kym, 1992.
"Disarray in World Food Markets,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521351058, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea03:22110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.