The Production Theory Approach To Import Demand Analysis: A Comparison Of The Rotterdam Model And The Differential Production Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Washington, Andrew A. & Kilmer, Richard L., 2002. "The Production Theory Approach to Import Demand Analysis: A Comparison of the Rotterdam Model and the Differential Production Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(03), pages 431-443, December.
- Washington, Andrew A. & Kilmer, Richard L., 2002. "The Production Theory Approach To Import Demand Analysis: A Comparison Of The Rotterdam Model And The Differential Production Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(03), December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 1998. "The demand for imports in Korea: a production analysis approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 97-114, June.
- Jonq-Ying Lee & James L. Seale & Pattana A. Jierwiriyapant, 1990. "Do trade agreements help US exports? A study of the Japanese citrus industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 505-514.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1986. "Export Supply and Import Demand Functions: A Production Theory Approach," NBER Working Papers 2011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seale, James L., Jr. & Sparks, Amy L. & Buxton, Boyd M., 1992. "A Rotterdam Application To International Trade In Fresh Apples: A Differential Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Burgess, David F, 1974. "A Cost Minimization Approach to Import Demand Equations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 225-234, May.
- Zhang, Ping & Fletcher, Stanley M. & Carley, Dale H., 1994. "Japan's peanut import demand: implications for United States exports," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 51-59, September.
- Burgess, David F., 1974. "Production theory and the derived demand for imports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-117, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad, Andrew & Ngeleza, Guyslain K., 2009. "European Union preferential trade agreements with developing countries and their impact on Colombian and Kenyan carnation exports to the United Kingdom:," IFPRI discussion papers 862, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wang, Xiaojin & Reed, Michael, 2014. "Estimation of U.S. Demand for Imported Shrimp by Country: A Two-stage Differential Production Approach," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162459, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Muhammad, Andrew & Jones, Keithly G. & Hahn, William F., 2007.
"The Impact of Domestic and Import Prices on U.S. Lamb Imports: A Production System Approach,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 36(2), October.
- Muhammad, Andrew & Jones, Keithly G. & Hahn, William F., 2007. "The Impact of Domestic and Import Prices on U.S. Lamb Imports: A Production System Approach," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 293-303, October.
- Andrew Muhammad & Richard L. Kilmer, 2008. "The impact of EU export subsidy reductions on U.S. dairy exports," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 557-574.
- Nzaku, Kilungu & Houston, Jack E. & Fonsah, Esendugue Greg, 2012. "A Dynamic Application of the AIDS Model to Import Demand for Tropical Fresh Fruits in the USA," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126721, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Muhammad, Andrew & Ngeleza, Guyslain K., 2009. "The role of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) in determining carnation demand in the United Kingdom: implications for Colombian and Kenyan exports," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 48(3), September.
- Nzaku, Kilungu & Houston, Jack E., 2009. "Analysis of U.S. Demand for Fresh Tropical Fruit and Vegetable Imports," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46850, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ichoku Hyacinth Eme & Nteegah Alwell & Ikpe Marius, 2013. "Determinants of Nigeria's Non-Oil Import Demand," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 11(1), pages 79-100.
- Nzaku, Kilungu & Houston, Jack E., 2009. "Dynamic Estimation of U.S. Demand for Fresh Vegetable Imports," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 52209, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Muhammad, Andrew, 2008. "The Role of the Imports for Re-Exports Program in Determining Canadian Demand for Imported Cheese: Implications for U.S. Exports," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 8214, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Nzaku, Kilungu & Houston, Jack E. & Fonsah, Esendugue Greg, . "Analysis of U.S. Demand for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Imports," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia.
- Vorotnikova, Ekaterina & Asci, Serhat & Seale, James L., Jr., 2013. "Effect of Relative Price Changes of Top Principle Crops on U.S. Farm Land Allocation," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143099, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Andrew Muhammad, 2009. "Would African Countries Benefit from the Termination of Kenya's Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) with the EU? An Analysis of EU Demand for Imported Roses," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 220-238.
- Feleke, Shiferaw T. & Liu, Hongyan, 2005. "Aggregate Demand for Imported Whole Milk in Spain: Implications for the European Union (EU)," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 36(02), July.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand and Price Analysis;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea00:21829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.