The Production Theory Approach To Import Demand Analysis: A Comparison Of The Rotterdam Model And The Differential Production Approach
The primary objective of this paper is to present the differential approach to the theory of the firm and to present the methodology of how it can be applied to import demand analysis. Furthermore, this paper compares and contrasts the use of the differential production approach with the Rotterdam model.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burgess, David F., 1974. "Production theory and the derived demand for imports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-117, May.
- Jonq-Ying Lee & James L. Seale & Pattana A. Jierwiriyapant, 1990. "Do trade agreements help US exports? A study of the Japanese citrus industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 505-514.
- Burgess, David F, 1974. "A Cost Minimization Approach to Import Demand Equations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 225-234, May.
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 1998. "The demand for imports in Korea: a production analysis approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 97-114, June.
- Seale, James L., Jr. & Sparks, Amy L. & Buxton, Boyd M., 1992. "A Rotterdam Application To International Trade In Fresh Apples: A Differential Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Zhang, Ping & Fletcher, Stanley M. & Carley, Dale H., 1994. "Japan's peanut import demand: implications for United States exports," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 51-59, September.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1986. "Export Supply and Import Demand Functions: A Production Theory Approach," NBER Working Papers 2011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea00:21829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.