Transaction Costs and Cattle Farmers' Choice of Marketing Channels in North-Central Namibia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- von Bach, Helmke J. Sartorius & van Renen, E. & Kirsten, Johann F., 1998. "Supply Response, Demand And Stocks For Southern African Beef," Working Papers 18057, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Ehui, Simeon K. & Benin, Samuel & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2009. "Policy Options for Improving Market Participation and Sales of Smallholder Livestock Producers: A case study of Ethiopia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51789, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ani L. Katchova & Mario J. Miranda, 2004. "Two-Step Econometric Estimation of Farm Characteristics Affecting Marketing Contract Decisions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 88-102.
- Magingxa, Litha Light & Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & van Schalkwyk, Herman D., 2006. "Factors Influencing the Success Potential in Smallholder Irrigation Projects of South Africa: A Principal Component Regression," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25348, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z., 2001. "Market institutions, transaction costs, and social capital in the Ethiopian grain market:," Research reports 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsCattle marketing; decision-making; formal markets; transaction costs; Livestock Production/Industries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-08-15 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2011-08-15 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae10:96641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .