Transaction Costs and Cattle Farmers' Choice of Marketing Channels in North-Central Namibia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ani L. Katchova & Mario J. Miranda, 2004. "Two-Step Econometric Estimation of Farm Characteristics Affecting Marketing Contract Decisions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 88-102.
- Magingxa, Litha Light & Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & van Schalkwyk, Herman D., 2006. "Factors Influencing the Success Potential in Smallholder Irrigation Projects of South Africa: A Principal Component Regression," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25348, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- von Bach, Helmke J. Sartorius & van Renen, E. & Kirsten, Johann F., 1998. "Supply Response, Demand And Stocks For Southern African Beef," Working Papers 18057, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Ehui, Simeon K. & Benin, Samuel & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2009. "Policy Options for Improving Market Participation and Sales of Smallholder Livestock Producers: A case study of Ethiopia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51789, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z., 2001. "Market institutions, transaction costs, and social capital in the Ethiopian grain market:," Research reports 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cuthbert, Ronald, 2008. "Strategic Planning - Niche Marketing in the Agriculture Industry," Consumer and Market Demand Network Papers 6840, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Apind, Benard Owino, 2015. "Determinants Of Smallholder Farmers Market Participation; A Case Study Of Rice Marketing In Ahero Irrigation Scheme," Research Theses 265572, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2010.
"Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2010. "Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 261-276, May.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2008. "Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6336, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Evan J. Miller-Tait & Sandeep Mohapatra & M. K. (Marty) Luckert & Brent M. Swallow, 2019. "Processing technologies for undervalued grains in rural India: on target to help the poor?," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(1), pages 151-166, February.
- Momanyi, Denis & Lagat, Prof. Job K. & Ayuya, Dr. Oscar I., 2016.
"Analysis of the Marketing Behaviour of African Indigenous Leafy Vegetables among Smallholder Farmers in Nyamira County, Kenya,"
69202, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Jan 2016.
- Momanyi, Denis, 2016. "Analysis of the Marketing Behavior of African Indigenous Leafy Vegetables Among Smallholder Farmers in Nyamira County, Kenya," Research Theses 243443, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Jordaan, Henry & Grove, Bennie, 2007. "Factors Affecting Maize Producers Adoption of Forward Pricing in Price Risk Management: The Case of Vaalharts," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(4), pages 1-18, December.
- Minten, Bart & Stifel, David & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012.
"Structural transformation in Ethiopia: Evidence from cereal markets:,"
ESSP working papers
39, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minten, Bart & Stifel, David & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012. "Structural Transformation in Ethiopia: Evidence from Cereal Markets," ESSP research notes 14, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Aymeric Ricome & Arnaud Reynaud, 2022. "Marketing contract choices in agriculture: The role of price expectation and price risk management," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 53(1), pages 170-186, January.
- Granoszewski, Karol & Spiller, Achim, 2013. "Langfristige Rohstoffsicherung in der Supply Chain Biogas: Status Quo und Potenziale vertraglicher Zusammenarbeit," DARE Discussion Papers 1303, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013.
"Food Price Volatility in Developing Countries and its Determinants,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(4), pages 1-32, November.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013. "Food price volatility in developing countries and its determinants," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156132, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Shunji Oniki & Melaku Berhe & Teklay Negash, 2020. "Role of Social Norms in Natural Resource Management: The Case of the Communal Land Distribution Program in Northern Ethiopia," Land, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-17, January.
- Tanguy Bernard & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse & Eleni Gabre‐Madhin, 2008. "Impact of cooperatives on smallholders' commercialization behavior: evidence from Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 147-161, September.
- Jordaan, Henry & Grove, Bennie, 2008. "Factors affecting the use of forward pricing methods in price risk management with special reference to the influence of risk aversion," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Todd H. Kuethe & Mitch Morehart, 2012. "The profit impacts of risk management tool adoption," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(1), pages 104-116, May.
- Minten, Bart & Tamru, Seneshaw & Legesse, Ermias Engida & Kuma, Tadesse, 2018. "Supply chain from production areas to Addis Ababa," IFPRI book chapters, in: The economics of teff: Exploring Ethiopia’s biggest cash crop, chapter 11, pages 263-298, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Muuz Hadush, 2021. "Does it pay to switch from free grazing to stall feeding? Impact of stall feeding practice on household welfare in Tigrai Ethiopia," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 9(1), pages 1-29, December.
- Cyrille Kamdem, 2016. "Collective Marketing and Cocoa Farmer's Price in Cameroon," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(4), pages 2535-2555.
- Li, Xiaokang & Guo, Hongdong & Li, Lin, 2016. "Contract Farming in China: Perspectives of Smallholders in Vegetable Production," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235573, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Latynskiy, Evgeny & Berger, Thomas, 2012. "An Agent-Based Network Approach For Understanding, Analyzing And Supporting Rural Producer Organizations In Agriculture," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137383, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Bart Minten & David Stifel & Seneshaw Tamru, 2014. "Structural Transformation of Cereal Markets in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(5), pages 611-629, May.
- Ronald Kabbiri & Manoj Dora & Gabriel Elepu & Xavier Gellynck, 2016. "A Global Perspective of Food Market Integration: A Review," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(1-2), pages 62-80, June.
- Schmidt, Emily & Chinowsky, Paul & Robinson, Sherman & Strzepek, Kenneth M., 2014. "Determinants and impact of sustainable land and watershed management investments: A systems evaluation in the Blue Nile Basin, Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 62, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-08-15 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-IUE-2011-08-15 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae10:96641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.