Working Paper 180 - Marital Status, Household Size and Poverty in Nigeria: Evidence from the 2009-2010 Survey Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth O. Ananat & Guy Michaels, 2008.
"The Effect of Marital Breakup on the Income Distribution of Women with Children,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(3), pages 611-629.
- Ananat, Elizabeth & Michaels, Guy, 2007. "The effect of marital breakup on the income distribution of women with children," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3273, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Elizabeth O. Ananat & Guy Michaels, 2007. "The Effect of Marital Breakup on the Income Distribution of Women with Children," CEP Discussion Papers dp0787, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ananat, Elizabeth O. & Michaels, Guy, 2007. "The Effect of Marital Breakup on the Income Distribution of Women with Children," CEPR Discussion Papers 6228, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ananat, Elizabeth O. & Michaels, Guy, 2007. "The effect of marital breakup on the income distribution of women with children," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51601, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- -, 2002. "Welcome to new Heads of the Gender Department," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 6, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Datt, Gaurav & Jolliffe, Dean, 1999. "Determinants of poverty in Egypt, 1997," FCND discussion papers 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2010. "Do International Remittances Affect Poverty in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(1), pages 51-91.
- Valerie Rhoe & Suresh Babu & William Reidhead, 2008. "An analysis of food security and poverty in Central Asia-case study from Kazakhstan," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 452-465.
- Bastos, Amélia & Casaca, Sara F. & Nunes, Francisco & Pereirinha, José, 2009. "Women and poverty: A gender-sensitive approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 764-778, October.
- Datt, Gaurav & Jolliffe, Dean, 1999. "Determinants of Poverty in Egypt," FCND briefs 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Carol H. Gold & Bo Malmberg & Gerald E. McClearn & Nancy L. Pedersen & Stig Berg, 2002. "Gender and Health," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 57(3), pages 168-176.
- Cheryl Doss & Mai Truong & Gorrettie Nabanoga & Justine Namaalwa, 2012. "Women, Marriage and Asset Inheritance in Uganda," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 30(5), pages 597-616, September.
- Garza-Rodriguez, Jorge, 2002. "The determinants of poverty in Mexico," MPRA Paper 65993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schoeni, Robert F, 1995.
"Marital Status and Earnings in Developed Countries,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 8(4), pages 351-359, November.
- Schoeni, R.F., 1996. "Marital Status and Earnings in Developed Countries," Papers 96-14, RAND - Reprint Series.
- World Bank, 2004. "Unlocking the Employment Potential in the Middle East and North Africa : Toward a New Social Contract," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15011, December.
- Amber Peterman, 2012. "Widowhood and Asset Inheritance in Sub-Saharan Africa: Empirical Evidence from 15 Countries," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 30(5), pages 543-571, September.
- Jorge E. Restrepo & Andrea Tokman R., 2005. "Labor Markets and Institutions: An Overview," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Jorge Restrepo & Andrea Tokman R. & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Edi (ed.),Labor Markets and Institutions, edition 1, volume 8, chapter 1, pages 001-016, Central Bank of Chile.
- Linda Waite, 1995. "Does marriage matter?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 32(4), pages 483-507, November.
- John Anyanwu, 2005. "Rural Poverty in Nigeria: Profile, Determinants and Exit Paths," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 17(3), pages 435-460.
- Richard Palmer-Jones & Kunal Sen, 2003. "What has luck got to do with it? A regional analysis of poverty and agricultural growth in rural India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 1-31.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-10-02 (Africa)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adb:adbwps:978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adeleke Oluwole Salami). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afdbgci.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.