Women and poverty: A gender-sensitive approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Findlay, Jeanette & Wright, Robert E, 1996.
"Gender, Poverty and the Intra-household Distribution of Resources,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(3), pages 335-351, September.
- Findlay, Ronald & Wright, Robert E, 1994. "Gender, Poverty and the Intra-household Distribution of Resources," CEPR Discussion Papers 913, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klasen, Stephan, 2004.
"Gender-Related Indicators of Well-Being,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stephan Klasen, 2004. "Gender-Related Indicators of Well-Being," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 102, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Birgit Kuchler & Jan Goebel, 2003. "Smoothed Income Poverty in European Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 352, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Nolan, Brian & Whelan, Christopher T., 1996. "Resources, Deprivation, and Poverty," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287858, June.
- Vegard Iversen, 2003. "Intra-Household Inequality: A Challenge For The Capability Approach?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 93-115.
- Koeber, Charles & Wright, David W., 2006. "Gender differences in the reemployment status of displaced workers human capital as signals that mitigate effects of bias," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 780-796, October.
- Ingrid Robeyns, 2003. "Sen'S Capability Approach And Gender Inequality: Selecting Relevant Capabilities," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 61-92.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & Lambert, Peter J, 1997. "Three 'I's of Poverty Curves, with an Analysis of UK Poverty Trends," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 317-327, July.
- Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan & Rodriguez-Gutierrez, Cesar, 2003. "Participation of married women in the European labor markets and the "added worker effect"," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 429-446, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Abrantes & Manuel Abrantes, 2012. "What is the impact of educational systems on social mobility across Europe? A comparative approach," Working Papers wp012012, Socius, Socio-Economics Research Centre at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG) of the Technical University of Lisbon.
- Vincent Z. Kuuire & Eric Y. Tenkorang & Andrea Rishworth & Isaac Luginaah & Alfred E. Yawson, 2017. "Is the Pro-Poor Premium Exemption Policy of Ghana’s NHIS Reducing Disparities Among the Elderly?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 36(2), pages 231-249, April.
- John C. Anyanwu, 2014.
"Marital Status, Household Size and Poverty in Nigeria: Evidence from the 2009/2010 Survey Data,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 26(1), pages 118-137, March.
- John Anyanwu, 2014. "Marital Status, Household Size and Poverty in Nigeria: Evidence from the 2009/2010 Survey Data," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 26(1), pages 118-137.
- Akoété Ega Agbodji & Yélé Maweki Batana & Dénis Ouedraogo, 2015.
"Gender inequality in multidimensional welfare deprivation in West Africa: The case of Burkina Faso and Togo,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(11), pages 980-1004, November.
- Agbodji, Akoete Ega & Batana, Yele Maweki & Ouedraogo, Denis, 2013. "Gender inequality in multidimensional welfare deprivation in west Africa : the case of Burkina Faso and Togo," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6522, The World Bank.
- Akoété Ega Agbodji, Yélé Maweki Batana and Dénis Ouedraogo, 2013. "Gender Inequality in Multidimensional Welfare Deprivation in West Africa: The Case of Burkina Faso and Togo," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp064, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- John Anyanwu, 2013. "Working Paper 180 - Marital Status, Household Size and Poverty in Nigeria: Evidence from the 2009-2010 Survey Data," Working Paper Series 978, African Development Bank.
- Michael Rogan, 2016. "Gender and Multidimensional Poverty in South Africa: Applying the Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 987-1006, April.
- Chae, Seyoung & Heshmati, Almas, 2017. "The Effects of Lifetime Work Experience on Incidence and Severity of Elderly Poverty in Korea," IZA Discussion Papers 10909, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali, 2015. "Household and Contextual Indicators of Poverty in Tunisia: a Multilevel Analysis," Working Papers 968, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2015.
- Arcanjo, M. & Bastos, A. & Nunes, F. & Passos, J., 2013. "Child poverty and the reform of family cash benefits," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 11-23.
- Dr. ADEKOYA, Olusoji Adetayo, 2014. "Analysis of Farm Households Poverty Status in Ogun States, Nigeria," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(3), pages 325-340, March.
- Espinoza-Delgado, José & López-Laborda, Julio, 2016.
"Las tres Is de la pobreza multidimensional en Nicaragua y el diferencial de género en los primeros quince años del siglo XXI, a partir de un enfoque centrado en la persona
[The three I’s of multidi," MPRA Paper 74997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Anyanwu, 2012. "Working Paper 149 - Accounting for Poverty in Africa: Illustration with Survey Data from Nigeria," Working Paper Series 383, African Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsWomen Poverty dynamics Cross-sectional analysis Deprivation Portugal;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:38:y:2009:i:5:p:764-778. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .