Complaints and Inequality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ebert, Udo, 1988. "A Family of Aggregative Compromise Inequality Measures," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(2), pages 363-376, May.
- Amiel,Yoram & Cowell,Frank, 1999. "Thinking about Inequality," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521466967, May.
- Satya Chakravarty & Diganta Mukherjee, 1999.
"Measures of Deprivation and their Meaning in Terms of Social Satisfaction,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 89-100, August.
- Chakravarty, S.R. & Mukherjee, D., 1998. "Measures of Deprivation and their Meaning in Terms of Social Satisfaction," DELTA Working Papers 98-17, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Cowell, F.A., 2000. "Measurement of inequality," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 87-166 Elsevier.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1978. "Measures of relative equality and their meaning in terms of social welfare," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 59-80, June.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & Lambert, Peter J, 1997. "Three 'I's of Poverty Curves, with an Analysis of UK Poverty Trends," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 317-327, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lidia Ceriani & Paolo Verme, 2015.
"Individual Diversity and the Gini Decomposition,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 637-646, April.
- Lidia Ceriani & Paolo Verme, 2014. "Individual Diversity and the Gini Decomposition," Working Papers 321, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Ceriani, Lidia & Verme, Paolo, 2014. "Individual diversity and the Gini decomposition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6763, The World Bank.
- Frank A. Cowell, 2008.
"Income Distribution and Inequality,"
Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Social Economics, chapter 13
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cowell, Frank, 2007. "Income distribution and inequality," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3780, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frank A Cowell, 2007. "Income Distribution and Inequality," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 94, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Satya Chakravarty, 2007. "A deprivation-based axiomatic characterization of the absolute Bonferroni index of inequality," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(3), pages 339-351, December.
- Patrick Moyes, 2007. "An extended Gini approach to inequality measurement," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(3), pages 279-303, December.
- Kośny Marek, 2010. "Reference groups and complaints about inequality," Journal for Perspectives of Economic Political and Social Integration, De Gruyter Open, vol. 16(1-2), pages 97-119, January.
- Kristof Bosmans & Z. Emel Öztürk, 2018. "An axiomatic approach to the measurement of envy," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 50(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Antonio Abatemarco & Sergio Beraldo & Francesca Stroffolini, 2016. "A Resource-Sensitive Framework for Defining and Measuring Equality of Opportunity in Health," CSEF Working Papers 437, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Marek Kośny, 2012. "Relative Income Changes and an Identification of Growth Pattern," Working Papers 268, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Cowell, Frank, 2006.
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2686, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frank A Cowell, 2006. "Inequality: Measurement," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 86, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Luis Imedio-Olmedo & Encarnación Parrado-Gallardo & Elena Bárcena-Martín, 2012. "Income Inequality Indices Interpreted as Measures of Relative Deprivation/Satisfaction," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 109(3), pages 471-491, December.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Conchita D'Ambrosio & Pietro Muliere, 2003. "Target Shortfall Orderings and Indices," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 340, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2010. "Is There Room For Polarization?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(1), pages 7-22, March.
- Frank A Cowell & Udo Ebert, 2006. "Inequality and Envy," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 88, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Maria Livia Ştefănescu, 2016. "Establishing the health status of Romanians in a European context," Computational Methods in Social Sciences (CMSS), "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 58-66, June.
- Satya R. Chakravarty, 2009. "Deprivation, Inequality And Welfare," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 172-190.
More about this item
KeywordsInquality; complaints; transfer principle.;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2003-10-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2003-10-28 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stidar:61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp .