This article provides a brief overview of the key issues in inequality measurement andhas been prepared for inclusion in the second edition of The New Palgrave.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Frank Cowell & Udo Ebert, 2004.
"Complaints and inequality,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 23(1), pages 71-89, 08.
- Frank Cowell & Udo Ebert, 2002. "Complaints and inequality," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2204, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frank A Cowell & Udo Ebert, 2002. "Complaints and Inequality," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 61, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bossert, Walter & Pfingsten, Andreas, 1990. "Intermediate inequality: concepts, indices, and welfare implications," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 117-134, April.
- Frank Cowell, 1998.
"Measurement of inequality,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2084, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. II," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 82-111, August.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975, December.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. I," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 416-442, June.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stidar:86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.