Poverty in Ireland, 1987-1994: a Stochastic Dominance Approach
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- David Madden & Fiona Smith, 2000. "Poverty in Ireland, 1987-1994 - A Stochastic Dominance Approach," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 31(3), pages 187-214.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Madden, David, 2000.
"Relative or Absolute Poverty Lines: A New Approach,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(2), pages 181-199, June.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 1999. "Relative or absolute poverty lines : a new approach," Working Papers 199909, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Madden, D., 1999. "Relative or Absolute Poverty Lines: A New Approach," Papers 99/9, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Foster, James E, 1998. "Absolute versus Relative Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 335-341, May.
- Richard Blundell & Ian Preston, 1998. "Consumption Inequality and Income Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 603-640.
- Susan Dynarski & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Can Families Smooth Variable Earnings?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 229-303.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Litchfield, Julie A., 1998. "Calm after the storms : income distribution in Chile, 1987-94," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1960, The World Bank.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-177, January.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & Lambert, Peter J, 1997. "Three 'I's of Poverty Curves, with an Analysis of UK Poverty Trends," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 317-327, July.
- Donal O'Neill & Olive Sweetman, 1999. "Poverty and Inequality in Ireland: A Comparison using Measures of Income and Consumption," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n860399, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Madden, 2015.
"The Poverty Effects Of A ‘Fat‐Tax’ In Ireland,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 104-121, January.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2013. "The Poverty Effects of a “Fat-Tax” in Ireland," Working Papers 201303, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Madden, D., 2013. "The Poverty Effects of a "Fat-Tax" in Ireland," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 13/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Wasiu Adekunle Are, 2012. "Growth and Income Redistribution Components of Changes in Poverty: A Decomposition Analysis for Ireland, 1987-2005," Working Papers 201231, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2002. "A review of recent research into poverty in Ireland," Working Papers 200232, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Somnath Chattopadhyay, 2011. "Earnings efficiency and poverty dominance analysis: a spatial approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2298-2318.
- Servaas van der Berg & Debra Shepherd, 2010. "Signalling performance: Continuous assessment and matriculation examination marks in South African schools," Working Papers 28/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2006.
"Body Mass Index and the measurement of obesity,"
200627, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- David Madden, 2006. "Body Mass Index and the Measurement of Obesity," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/11, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Brian Nolan & Bertrand Maitre, 2000. "A Comparative Perspective on Trends in Income Inequality in Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 31(4), pages 329-350.
More about this item
KeywordsPOVERTY ; SOCIAL WELFARE ; IRELAND ; STOCHASTIC MODELS;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:dublec:00/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educdie.html .