Gender differences in the reemployment status of displaced workers human capital as signals that mitigate effects of bias
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 35 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul M. Ong & Don Mar, 1992. "Post-Layoff Earnings among Semiconductor Workers," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(2), pages 366-379, January.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Farber, Henry S, 1987.
"Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 278-97, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority and Earnings," Working papers 407, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings," NBER Working Papers 1819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mincer, Jacob & Polachek, Solomon, 1974.
"Family Investment in Human Capital: Earnings of Women,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages S76-S108, Part II, .
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polacheck, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters, in: Economics of the Family: Marriage, Children, and Human Capital, pages 397-431 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polachek, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters, in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 76-110 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ann Huff Stevens & Sewin Chan, 1999.
"Employment and Retirement Following a Late-Career Job Loss,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 211-216, May.
- Sewin Chan & Ann Huff Stevens, 1999. "Employment and Retirement Following a Late Career Job Loss," Departmental Working Papers 199903, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 1998. "Job Displacement," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 115-136, Winter.
- Daniel Rodriguez & Madeline Zavodny, 2000. "Are displaced workers now finished at age forty?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 33-48.
- Maxwell, Nan L & D'Amico, Ronald J, 1986. "Employment and Wage Effects of Involuntary Job Separation: Male-Female Differences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 373-77, May.
- Topel, Robert, 1990. "Specific capital and unemployment: Measuring the costs and consequences of job loss," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 181-214, January.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Stephen R. G. Jones & Peter Kuhn, 1994. "Gender Differences in Displacement Cost: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(2), pages 461-480.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Robert A. Shakotko, 1987. "Do Wages Rise with Job Seniority?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 437-459.
- Paula England, 1982. "The Failure of Human Capital Theory to Explain Occupational Sex Segregation," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(3), pages 358-370.
- Gary S. Becker, 1975. "Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis, with Special Reference to Education, Second Edition," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck75-1, September.
- Polachek, Solomon William, 1981. "Occupational Self-Selection: A Human Capital Approach to Sex Differences in Occupational Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(1), pages 60-69, February.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-94, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:35:y:2006:i:5:p:780-796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.