Working Paper 149 - Accounting for Poverty in Africa: Illustration with Survey Data from Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2010. "Do International Remittances Affect Poverty in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(1), pages 51-91.
- Valerie Rhoe & Suresh Babu & William Reidhead, 2008. "An analysis of food security and poverty in Central Asia-case study from Kazakhstan," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 452-465.
- Bastos, Amélia & Casaca, Sara F. & Nunes, Francisco & Pereirinha, José, 2009. "Women and poverty: A gender-sensitive approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 764-778, October.
- Gang, Ira N. & Sen, Kunal & Yun, Myeong-Su, 2002. "Caste, Ethnicity and Poverty in Rural India," IZA Discussion Papers 629, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Garza-Rodriguez, Jorge, 2002. "The determinants of poverty in Mexico," MPRA Paper 65993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and Household Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1415-1434, November.
- Gupta, Nabanita Datta & Dubey, Amaresh, 2003. "Poverty and Fertility - An Instrumental Variables Analysis on Indian Micro Data," Working Papers 03-11, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- World Bank, 2011. "World Development Indicators 2011," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2315.
- Evelyn Lehrer & Carmel Chiswick, 1993. "Religion as a determinant of marital stability," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 30(3), pages 385-404, August.
- John Anyanwu, 2005. "Rural Poverty in Nigeria: Profile, Determinants and Exit Paths," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 17(3), pages 435-460.
- Arnstein Aassve & Henriette Engelhardt & Francesca Francavilla & Abbi Kedir & Jungho Kim & Fabrizia Mealli & Letizia Mencarini & Stephen Pudney & Alexia Prskawetz, 2005.
"Poverty and Fertility in Less Developed Countries: A Comparative Analysis,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
05/28, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Aassve, Arnstein & Engelhardt, Henriette & Francavilla, Francesca & Kedir, Abbi & Kim, Jungho & Mealli, Fabrizia & Mencarini, Letizia & Pudney, Stephen & Prskawetz, Alexia, 2005. "Poverty and fertility in less developed countries: a comparative analysis," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-13, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zorobabel Bicaba & Zuzana Brixiova & Mthuli Ncube, 2016. "Eliminating Extreme Poverty in Africa: Trends, Policies and the Role of International Organizations," SALDRU Working Papers 170, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Ogundari, Kolawole, 2013. "Determinants of food-poverty states and the demand for dietary diversity in Nigeria," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161302, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adb:adbwps:383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adeleke Oluwole Salami). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afdbgci.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.