Three Regimes of Child Care: The United States, the Netherlands, and Sweden
In: Social Protection versus Economic Flexibility: Is There a Trade-Off?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9789053560457 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goldin, Claudia, 1992.
"Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195072709.
- Claudia Goldin, 1990. "Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gold90-1.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S.S. Gustafsson & M. Bruyn-Hundt, 1991. "Incentives for Women to Work: A Comparison between The Netherlands, Sweden and West Germany," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(5/6), pages 30-65, October.
- Juster, F Thomas & Stafford, Frank P, 1991.
"The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioral Models, and Problems of Measurement,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 471-522, June.
- Juster, F. Thomas & Stafford, Frank P., 1990. "The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioural Models, and Problems of Measurement," Working Paper Series 258, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- David C. Ribar, 1992.
"Child Care and the Labor Supply of Married Women: Reduced Form Evidence,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 134-165.
- Ribar, D.C., 1990. "Child Care And The Labor Supply Of Married Women: Reducted Form Evidence," Papers 9-90-9, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Innovation, Technology Transfer, and the World Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 253-266, April.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Ryder, Harl E & Stafford, Frank P & Stephan, Paula E, 1976. "Labor, Leisure and Training over the Life Cycle," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 17(3), pages 651-674, October.
- Siv Gustafsson & Frank Stafford, 1992. "Child Care Subsidies and Labor Supply in Sweden," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 204-230.
- Sandra L. Hofferth & Douglas A. Wissoker, 1992. "Price, Quality, and Income in Child Care Choice," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 70-111.
- Frank P. Stafford, 1977. "More on Unemployment Insurance as Insurance," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 521-526, July.
- Milton Friedman, 1953. "Choice, Chance, and the Personal Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61, pages 277-277.
- Arleen Leibowitz & Jacob Alex Klerman & Linda J. Waite, 1992. "Employment of New Mothers and Child Care Choice: Differences by Children's Age," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 112-133.
- Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins & Irwin Garfinkel, 1992. "A Structural Model of Labor Supply and Child Care Demand," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 166-203.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henry Ohlsson & Michael Lundholm, 1998. "Wages, taxes and publicly provided day care," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 185-204.
- Klevmarken, N. Anders & Stafford, Frank P., 1997. "Time Diary Measures of Investment in Young Children," Working Paper Series 1997:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Dingeldey, Irene, 1999. "Begünstigungen und Belastungen familialer Erwerbs- und Arbeitszeitmuster in Steuer- und Sozialversicherungssystemen: Ein Vergleich zehn europäischer Länder," Graue Reihe des Instituts Arbeit und Technik 1999-04, Institut Arbeit und Technik (IAT), Westfälische Hochschule, University of Applied Sciences.
- Paula Adam, "undated". "Mothers in an Insider-Outsider Economy. The Puzzle of Spain," Working Papers 95, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Liat Raz-Yurovich, 2012. "Application of the transaction cost approach to households – the demographics of households’ ‘make or buy’ decisions," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2012-025, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Michaela Kreyenfeld & Karsten Hank, 1999. "The Availability of Child Care and Mothers' Employment in West Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 191, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Karsten Hank & Michaela Kreyenfeld, 2000. "Does the availability of childcare influence the employment of mothers? Findings from western Germany," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2000-003, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Alícia Adserà, 2004. "Changing fertility rates in developed countries. The impact of labor market institutions," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 17-43, February.
- Paula Adam, "undated". "Careers or Stop Gap Work? Panel Data Analysis of Wives' Labour Supply Choices in Spain," Working Papers 104, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Steinar Strøm & Elin Wiig, 1995. "Attacks on the Welfare State," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 22, pages 163-172.
- Ruhm, Christopher J., 2000. "Parental leave and child health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 931-960, November.
- Niclas Berggren, 2012. "The Calculus of Consent: some Swedish connections," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 152(3), pages 313-321, September.
- Pau Baizan & Bruno Arpino & Carlos Eric Delclòs, 2016. "The Effect of Gender Policies on Fertility: The Moderating Role of Education and Normative Context," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 32(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Adsera, Alicia, 2005. "Where Are the Babies? Labor Market Conditions and Fertility in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 1576, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gunnar Andersson & Ann-Zofie Duvander & Karsten Hank, 2003. "Do child care characteristics influence continued childbearing in Sweden? An investigation of the quantity, quality, and price dimension," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-013, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:11263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.