Foreign Direct Investment and Keiretsu: Rethinking U.S. and Japanese Policy
In: The Effects of U.S. Trade Protection and Promotion Policies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David E. Weinstein, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment and Keiretsu: Rethinking U.S. and Japanese Policy," NBER Working Papers 5612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Weinstein, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment and Keiretsu: Rethinking Us and Japanese Policy," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1750, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- D.N. Saxena, 1989. "Foreign Direct Investment," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 24(1), pages 76-97, April.
- Edward M. Graham & Paul R. Krugman, 1993. "The Surge in Foreign Direct Investment in the 1980s," NBER Chapters,in: Foreign Direct Investment, pages 13-36 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roe, Mark J., 1990. "Political and legal restraints on ownership and control of public companies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 7-41, September.
- Takatoshi Ito & Masayoshi Maruyama, 1991.
"Is the Japanese Distribution System Really Inefficient?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Trade with Japan: Has the Door Opened Wider?, pages 149-174
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito & Masayoshi Maruyama, 1990. "Is the Japanese Distribution System Really Inefficient?," NBER Working Papers 3306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Encarnation, Dennis J. & Mason, Mark, 1990. "Neither MITI nor America: the political economy of capital liberalization in Japan," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(01), pages 25-54, December.
- Noland, Marcus, 1995. "Why are prices in Japan so high?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 255-261, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blomström, Magnus & Konan, Denise & Lipsey, Robert E., 2000. "FDI in the Restructuring of the Japanese Economy," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 371, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Fragkiskos Filippaios & Marina Papanastassiou & Robert Pearce, 2003. "The evolution of US outward foreign direct investment in the pacific rim: a cross-time and country analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(16), pages 1779-1787.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Facts And Fallacies About Foreign Direct Investment," Department of Economics 98-04, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Barcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos, 2003. "Politically preferred wage bargaining structures," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 341-353, June.
- Michael S. Gibson, 1998. ""Big Bang" deregulation and Japanese corporate governance: a survey of the issues," International Finance Discussion Papers 624, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Branstetter, Lee, 2000. "Vertical Keiretsu and Knowledge Spillovers in Japanese Manufacturing: An Empirical Assessment," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 73-104, June.
- Farrell, Roger & Gaston, Noel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2004. "Determinants of Japan's foreign direct investment: An industry and country panel study, 1984-1998," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 161-182, June.
- Ito, Keiko & Fukao, Kyoji, 2005.
"Foreign direct investment and trade in Japan: An empirical analysis based on the Establishment and Enterprise Census for 1996,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 414-455, September.
- Ito, Keiko & Fukao, Kyoji, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment and Trade in Japan: An Empirical Analysis Based on the Establishment and Enterprise Census for 1996," Discussion Paper Series a441, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:0310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.