Politically preferred wage bargaining structures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Campo, Maria Luz, 2000. "Short-term or long-term labor contracts," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 249-260, May.
- Mezzetti, Claudio & Dinopoulos, Elias, 1991. "Domestic unionization and import competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 79-100, August.
- Layard, R. & Nickell, S., 1991. "Unemployment in the OECD Countries," Economics Series Working Papers 99130, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dobson, Paul W., 1994. "Multifirm unions and the incentive to adopt pattern bargaining in oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1988. "Unionized oligopoly and international trade policy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3-4), pages 217-234, May.
- Soskice, David, 1990. "Wage Determination: The Changing Role of Institutions in Advanced Industrialized Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 36-61, Winter.
- Bughin, Jacques & Vannini, Stefano, 1995.
"Strategic direct investment under unionized oligopoly,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 127-145, March.
- Bughin, J. & Vannini, S., 1994. "Strategic Direct Investment Under Unionized Oligopoly," Papers 9402, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz & María Begoña Garzón, 2000. "Corporate merger, organizational form, and control of labor," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 129-144.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-193.
- Davidson, Carl, 1988. "Multiunit Bargaining in Oligopolistic Industries," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(3), pages 397-422, July.
- Zhao, Laixun, 1995. "Cross-hauling direct foreign investment and unionized oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 1237-1253, June.
- David E. Weinstein, 1997.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Keiretsu: Rethinking U.S. and Japanese Policy,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Effects of U.S. Trade Protection and Promotion Policies, pages 81-116,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Weinstein, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment and Keiretsu: Rethinking Us and Japanese Policy," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1750, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David E. Weinstein, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment and Keiretsu: Rethinking U.S. and Japanese Policy," NBER Working Papers 5612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henrick Horn & Asher Wolinsky, 1988. "Bilateral Monopolies and Incentives for Merger," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 408-419, Autumn.
- Corneo, Giacomo, 1995. "National wage bargaining in an internationally integrated product market," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 503-520, September.
- De Fraja, Giovanni, 1993. "Staggered vs. synchronised wage setting in oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1507-1522, December.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bárcena Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Campo Corredera, María Luz, 2003. "Timing of Wage Setting when Firms Invest in R&D," IKERLANAK 2003-14, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz & María Luz Campo, 2010. "Wage bargaining and partial ownership," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 37(1 Year 20), pages 27-42, June.
- Göddeke, Anna & Haucap, Justus & Herr, Annika & Wey, Christian, 2011. "Stabilität und Wandel von Arbeitsmarktinstitutionen aus wettbewerbsökonomischer Sicht," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 10, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Nicole Gürtzgen, 2002.
"Trade Liberalization and Union Wages in a Differentiated Bertrand Duopoly,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 133-151, April.
- Gürtzgen, Nicole, 2001. "Trade liberalisation and union wages in a differentiated Bertrand duopoly," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 28, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Luciano Fanti & Nicola Meccheri, 2017. "Unionization Regimes, Capacity Choice by Firms and Welfare Outcomes," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 85(6), pages 661-681, December.
- Domenico Buccella, 2013.
"Unions’ bargaining coordination in multinational enterprises,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 373-392, November.
- Domenico Buccella, 2011. "Unions’ Bargaining Coordination in Multinational Enterprises," FIW Working Paper series 061, FIW.
- Vannini, Stefano & Bughin, Jacques, 2000. "To be (unionized) or not to be? A case for cost-raising strategies under Cournot oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1763-1781, October.
- Laixun Zhao, 1996.
"The Complementarity Between Endogenous Protection And Direct Foreign Investment,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 61-72, March.
- Zhao, Laixun, 1995. "The Complementarity between Endogenous Protection and Direct Foreign Investment," ビジネス創造センターディスカッション・ペーパー (Discussion papers of the Center for Business Creation) 10252/4186, Otaru University of Commerce.
- Juan Carlos Bárcena‐Ruiz & M. Luz Campo, 2009. "R&D Investments And Sequential Wage Negotiations," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 183-202, September.
- António Brandão & Joana Pinho, 2018. "Productivity Shocks in a Union‐Duopoly Model," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 86(6), pages 722-756, December.
- Bill Yang, 1995. "Unionized oligopoly, labor-management cooperation, and international competitiveness," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 33-53, February.
- Juan Bárcena-ruiz & María Garzón, 2003. "Strategic Environmental Standards, Wage Incomes and the Location of Polluting Firms," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(2), pages 121-139, February.
- Paul Heidhues, 2000. "Employers’ Associations, Industry-wide Unions, and Competition," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-11, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Thomas Grandner, 1998. "Market Shares of Price Setting Firms and Trade Unions," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp061, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz & María Begoña Garzón, 2009. "Environmental Taxes and Wage Setting Structure," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2009(4), pages 353-365.
- Grandner, Thomas, 2001. "Unions in oligopolistic, vertically connected industries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1723-1740, October.
- Calabuig, Vicente & Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel, 2002. "Union structure and incentives for innovation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 177-192, March.
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Frode Meland & Lars S¯rgard, 2003.
"Unionised Oligopoly, Trade Liberalisation and Location Choice,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(490), pages 782-800, October.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Meland, Frode & Sørgard, Lars, 2001. "Unionized Oligopoly, Trade Liberalization and Location Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 2990, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Frode Meland & Lars Sørgard, 2002. "Unionized Oligopoly, Trade Liberalization and Location Choice," CESifo Working Paper Series 777, CESifo.
- Debasmita Basak & Andreas Hoefele & Arijit Mukherjee, 2014. "Union Bargaining Power and Product Innovation: Relevance of the Preference Function," CESifo Working Paper Series 5007, CESifo.
- Carsten Eckel & Hartmut Egger, 2017.
"The Dilemma of Labor Unions: Local Objectives vs Global Bargaining,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 534-566, August.
- Eckel, Carsten & Egger, Hartmut, 2012. "The Dilemma of Labor Unions: Local Objectives vs. Global Bargaining," CEPR Discussion Papers 8784, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:19:y:2003:i:2:p:341-353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.