Very few economic terms are used as much as competitiveness in economics. This article deals with the different meanings of competitiveness, at the level of a firm, at the level of the local area, and at the level of the country. It analyzes the problems of consistency among the available definitions and among the indicators used to measurecompetitiveness.
Volume (Year): 55 (2002)
Issue (Month): 220 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.economiacivile.it|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Lipsey & Linda Molinari & Irving B. Kravis, 1991.
"Measures of Prices and Price Competitiveness in International Trade in Manufactured Goods,"
in: International Economic Transactions: Issues in Measurement and Empirical Research, pages 144-199
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Linda Molinari & Irving B. Kravis, 1990. "Measures of Prices and Price Competitiveness in International Trade in Manufactured Goods," NBER Working Papers 3442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1979.
"Rational Decision Making in Business Organizations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 493-513, September.
- Simon, Herbert A., 1978. "Rational Decision-Making in Business Organizations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1978-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Barry, F & Bradley, J, 1997.
""FDI and Trade : The Irish Host-Country Experience","
97/13, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Paul Krugman, 1997. "Pop Internationalism," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262611333, June.
- D. Pilat & B. Van Ark, 1994. "Competitiveness in manufacturing: a comparison of Germany, Japan and the United States," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(189), pages 167-186.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1971. "Price Competitiveness in World Trade," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number krav71-1, November.
- Stefano Scarpetta & Andrea Bassanini & Dirk Pilat & Paul Schreyer, 2000. "Economic Growth in the OECD Area: Recent Trends at the Aggregate and Sectoral Level," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 248, OECD Publishing.
- Erik S. Reinert, .
"Competitiveness and its predecessors - a 500-year cross-national perspective,"
STEP Report series
199403, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Reinert, Erik S., 1995. "Competitiveness and its predecessors--a 500-year cross-national perspective," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 23-42, March.
- Reinert, Erik S., 1994. "Competitiveness and its predecessors - a 500-year cross-national perspective," MPRA Paper 48155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Edouard B. Maciejewski, 1983. ""Real" Effective Exchange Rate Indices: A Re-Examination of the Major Conceptual and Methodological Issues (Les indices de taux de change effectifs "rÃ©els": un rÃ©examen des princ," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(3), pages 491-541, September.
- Wright, S., 1993. "Measures of Real Effective Exchange Rates," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9316, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- King, Alan, 1993. "A Note on Export Unit Value Indices in Competitiveness Variables," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 69-77, January.
- Angelo Reati, 2001. "Total factor productivity - a misleading concept," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(218), pages 313-332.
- Patrik Gustavsson & Pär Hansson & Lars Lundberg,, . "Technological Progress, Capital Accumulation and Changing International Competitiveness," Discussion Papers 96/7, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Muellbauer, John, 1991. "Productivity and Competitiveness," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 99-117, Autumn.
- R. Cellini & A. Soci, 1997. "La competitivita'," Working Papers 292, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Jan Fagerberg, 1988.
Working Papers Archives
1988001, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Edward M. Graham & Paul R. Krugman, 1993. "The Surge in Foreign Direct Investment in the 1980s," NBER Chapters, in: Foreign Direct Investment, pages 13-36 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rossi, Vanessa, et al, 1986. "Exchange Rates, Productivity and International Competitiveness," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 56-73, Autumn.
- Angelo Reati, 2001. "Total factor productivity - a misleading concept," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(218), pages 313-332.
- Steven A. Symansky & Peter B. Clark & Leonardo Bartolini & Tamim Bayoumi, 1994. "Exchange Rates and Economic Fundamentals; A Framework for Analysis," IMF Occasional Papers 115, International Monetary Fund.
- Spence, Michael, 1976. "Product Differentiation and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 407-14, May.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness: Errata," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1203, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:bnlqrr:2002:15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.