The structure of location choice for new U.S. manufacturing investments in Asia-Pacific
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shaoming Cheng & Roger Stough, 2006. "Location decisions of Japanese new manufacturing plants in China: a discrete-choice analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2), pages 369-387, June.
- Homin Chen & Tain-Jy Chen, 1998. "Network Linkages and Location Choice in Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(3), pages 445-467, September.
- Hillebrand, Evan, 2008. "The Global Distribution of Income in 2050," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 727-740, May.
- Subramanian Rangan, 2000. "Search and Deliberation in International Exchange: Microfoundations to Some Macro Patterns," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(2), pages 205-222, June.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, October.
- Peter J Buckley & Timothy M Devinney & Jordan J Louviere, 2007. "Do managers behave the way theory suggests? A choice-theoretic examination of foreign direct investment location decision-making," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(7), pages 1069-1094, December.
- Ronald C. Fisher, 1997. "Effects of state and local public services on economic development," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 53-82.
- Brown, Martin & Philips, Peter, 1986. "Craft Labor and Mechanization in Nineteenth-Century American Canning," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(03), pages 743-756, September.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984.
"A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 451-471, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Scholarly Articles 3445092, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 45-66, March.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Miao Wang, 2004.
"Inappropriate Pooling of Wealthy and Poor Countries in Empirical FDI Studies,"
NBER Working Papers
10378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Miao Wang, 2004. "Inappropriate Pooling of Wealthy and Poor Countries in Empirical FDI Studies," Working Papers and Research 0903, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 1993. "Japan?s Low Levels of Inward Investment: The Role of Inhibitions on Acquisitions," NBER Chapters,in: Foreign Direct Investment, pages 85-112 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, C Whan & Lessig, V Parker, 1981. " Familiarity and Its Impact on Consumer Decision Biases and Heuristics," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 223-230, September.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- N/A, 2007. "At a Glance," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 200(1), pages 2-3, April.
- Chen Chunlai, 1997. "Provincial Characteristics and Foreign Direct Investment Location Decision within China," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1997-16, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blanc-Brude, Frédéric & Cookson, Graham & Piesse, Jenifer & Strange, Roger, 2014. "The FDI location decision: Distance and the effects of spatial dependence," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 797-810.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard & Asmussen, Christian Geisler & Weatherall, Cecilie Dohlmann, 2017. "The location choice of foreign direct investments: Empirical evidence and methodological challenges," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 62-82.
- Oladottir, Asta Dis & Hobdari, Bersant & Papanastassiou, Marina & Pearce, Robert & Sinani, Evis, 2012. "Strategic complexity and global expansion: An empirical study of newcomer Multinational Corporations from small economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 686-695.
- Martijn J. Burger & Bert van der Knaap & Ronald S. Wall, 2013.
"Revealed competition for greenfield investments between European regions,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 619-648, July.
- Martijn J. Burger & Bert van der Knaap & Ronald S. Wall, 2012. "Revealed Competition for Greenfield Investments between European Regions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-063/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:48:y:2017:i:7:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0079-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:iburev:v:27:y:2018:i:4:p:803-813 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:800-:d:98285 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Chung-Jen & Hsiao, Yung-Chang, 2013. "The endogenous role of location choice in product innovations," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 360-372.
- Caroline T Witte & Martijn J Burger & Elena I Ianchovichina & Enrico Pennings, 2017.
"Dodging bullets: The heterogeneous effect of political violence on greenfield FDI,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(7), pages 862-892, September.
- Witte,Caroline T. & Burger,Martijn J. & Ianchovichina,Elena & Pennings,Enrico, 2016. "Dodging bullets : the heterogeneous effect of political violence on greenfield FDI," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7914, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsManagerial decision-making Nested logit Location choice Multinational firms Asia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:46:y:2011:i:2:p:154-165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.