Opening markets in financial services and the role of the GATS
This publication explores some of the issues surrounding the financial services negotiations, analyzes what is at stake, and assesses what WTO members have already achieved in previous negotiations.
|This book is provided by World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division in its series WTO Special Studies with number 1 and published in 1997.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 54 Rue de Lausanne 1211 Geneva 21|
Phone: + 41 (0)22 739 5111
Fax: + 41 (0) 22 731 4206
Web page: http://www.wto.org/english/res_e/reser_e/reser_e.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mervyn K. Lewis, 1993. "International Financial Deregulation, Trade, and Exchange Rates," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 13(2), pages 243-277, Winter.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1996. "The Finance-Growth Nexus: Evidence from Bank Branch Deregulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 639-670.
- Morris Goldstein, 1997.
"Case for an International Banking Standard, The,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa47, November.
- Morris Goldstein, 1997. "Case for an International Banking Standard, The," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa47, February.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- King, Robert G.*Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance and growth : Schumpeter might be right," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1083, The World Bank.
- Ross Levine, 1997. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Mattoo, Aaditya, 1997. "National treatment in the GATS: Corner-stone or Pandora's Box," WTO Staff Working Papers TISD-96-02, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)