Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth : Lessons for Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Widmalm, Frida, 2001. "Tax Structure and Growth: Are Some Taxes Better Than Others?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(3-4), pages 199-219, June.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- Benno Torgler & Friedrich Schneider, 2007.
"What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries,"
Social Science Quarterly,
Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 88(2), pages 443-470.
- Friedrich G. Schneider & Benno Torgler, 2006. "What shapes attitudes toward paying taxes? Evidence from multicultural european countries," Economics working papers 2006-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Torgler, Benno & Schneider, Friedrich G., 2006. "What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt5q14k3wr, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Torgler, Benno & Schneider, Friedrich, 2006. "What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2117, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Janet Gale Stotsky & Asegedech WoldeMariam, 1997. "Tax Effort in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 97/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Mark E. Schaffer & Gerard Turley, 2000.
"Effective versus Statutory Taxation: Measuring Effective Tax Administration in Transition Economies,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
347, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mark Schaffer & Gerard Turley, 2000. "Effective versus Statutory Taxation: Measuring Effective Tax Administration in Transition Economies," CERT Discussion Papers 0008, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Parry, Taryn Rounds, 1997. "Decentralization and Privatization: Education Policy in Chile," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 107-133, January.
- Gevorg Sargsyan & Ani Balabanyan & Denzel Hankinson, 2006. "From Crisis to Stability in the Armenian Power Sector : Lessons Learned from Armenia's Energy Reform Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6987, June.
- Blanca Sanchez-Robles, 1998. "Infrastructure Investment And Growth: Some Empirical Evidence," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(1), pages 98-108, January.
- Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil*Swaroop, Vinaya, 2002. "Public spending and outcomes : does governance matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2840, The World Bank.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2005.
"Productive Benefits of Health: Evidence from Low-Income Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1482, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- T. Paul Schultz, 2005. "Productive Benefits of Health: Evidence from Low-Income Countries," Working Papers 903, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Selowsky, Marcelo & Martin, Ricardo, 1997. "Policy Performance and Output Growth in the Transition Economies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 349-353, May.
- Barbara Sianesi, 2002. "The returns to education: a review of the empirical macro-economic literature," IFS Working Papers W02/05, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jacques Poot, 2000. "A Synthesis of Empirical Research on the Impact of Government onLong-Run Growth," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 516-546.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1989. "Some Simple Economics of Mandated Benefits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 177-183, May.
- van Zon, Adriaan & Muysken, Joan, 2001. "Health and endogenous growth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 169-185, March.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera & Dario Farren, 2002. "The technical efficiency of schools in Chile," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(12), pages 1533-1552.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Kumo, Kazuhiro, 2016.
"Decline and Growth in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2016-9, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Kazuhiro Kumo, 2016. "Decline and Growth in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis," KIER Working Papers 951, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Karsten Staehr, 2008. "Estimates of employment and welfare effects of personal labour income taxation in a flat-tax country : The case of Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2008-03, Bank of Estonia, revised 30 Oct 2008.
- Richard M Bird & Eric M Zolt, 2008.
"Tax Policy in Emerging Countries,"
Environment and Planning C,
, vol. 26(1), pages 73-86, February.
- Debasis Bandyopadhyay & Xueli Tang, 2011. "Parental nurturing and adverse effects of redistribution," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 71-98, March.
- Lect.. Eugenia Ramona Mara Ph. D & Lect. Monica Achim Ph. D & Lect.. Angela Filip Ph. D, 2010. "Analysis Of The Taxation System In Romania In The Economic Crisis Context," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2(38), pages 1-8, May.
- Halkos, George & Paizanos, Epameinondas, 2015. "Fiscal policy and economic performance: A review of the theoretical and empirical literature," MPRA Paper 67737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karsten STAEHR, "undated". "Estimates of Employment and Welfare Effects of Labour Income Taxation in a Country with a Flat: the Case of Estonia," EcoMod2008 23800135, EcoMod.
- Nursini Nursini, 2017. "Effect of Fiscal Policy and Trade Openness on Economic Growth in Indonesia: 1990-2015," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 358-364.
- World Bank, 2009. "Pensions in Crisis : Europe and Central Asia Regional Policy Note," World Bank Other Operational Studies 18728, The World Bank.
- Patonov Nikolay, 2016. "Fiscal Impacts on Output in a Small Open Economy: The Case of Albania," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 63(2), pages 161-169, June.
- World Bank, 2014. "Restructuring Corporate Income Tax and Value Added Tax in Vietnam : An Analysis of Current Changes and Agenda for the Future," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17832, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Expenditure Analysis and Management Finance and Financial Sector Development - Debt Markets Governance - National Governance Public Sector Economics and Finance Public Sector Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:6883. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.