Growing the Rural Nonfarm Economy to Alleviate Poverty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Dorosh & James Thurlow, 2013. "Agriculture and small towns in Africa," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(4-5), pages 449-459, July.
- Sosina Bezu & Christopher Barrett, 2012.
"Employment Dynamics in the Rural Nonfarm Sector in Ethiopia: Do the Poor Have Time on Their Side?,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(9), pages 1223-1240, September.
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B., 2010. "Employment dynamics in the rural nonfarm sector in Ethiopia Do the poor have time on their side?," MPRA Paper 35756, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Jonasson, Erik & Helfand, Steven, 2008.
"Locational Determinants of Rural Non-Agricultural Employment: Evidence from Brazil,"
2008:3, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Erik Jonasson & Steven M Helfand, 2008. "Locational Determinants of Rural Non-agricultural Employment: Evidence From Brazil," Working Papers 200802, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2008.
- Luc Christiaensen, 2013. "Introduction: rural diversification, secondary towns and poverty reduction: do not miss the middle," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(4-5), pages 433-434, July.
- Alfani, Federica & Azzarri, Carlo & d'Errico, Marco & Molini, Vasco, 2012. "Poverty in Mozambique : new evidence from recent household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6217, The World Bank.
- Nora Dudwick & Katy Hull & Roy Katayama & Forhad Shilpi & Kenneth Simler, 2011. "From Farm to Firm : Rural-Urban Transition in Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2307, October.
- Himanshu, Himanshu & Lanjouw, Peter & Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Murgai, Rinku, 2011. "Non-farm diversification and rural poverty decline: a perspective from Indian sample survey and village study data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38371, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- World Bank, 2003. "Rural Poverty Alleviation in Brazil : Toward an Integrated Strategy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15115, October.
- Benedito Cunguara & Gorka Fagilde & James Garrett & Rafael Uaiene, 2012. "Growth Without Change? A Case Study of Economic Transformation in Mozambique," Journal of African Development, African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA), vol. 14(2), pages 105-130.
- John Dreze & Peter Lanjouw & Nicholas Stern, 1992. "Economic Mobility and Agricultural Labour in Rural India: A Case Study," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 27, pages 25-54.
- Juan Miguel Gallego & Mariapia Mendola, 2009.
"Labor Migration and Social Networks Participation: Evidence from Southern Mozambique,"
Development Working Papers
279, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Juan M. Gallego & Mariapia Mendola, 2010. "Labor Migration and Social Networks Participation: Evidence from Southern Mozambique," Working Papers 183, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2010.
- World Bank, 2004. "Achieving Ukraine's Agricultural Potential : Stimulating Agricultural Growth and Improving Rural Life," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14377, The World Bank.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Quizon, Jaime & Sparrow, Robert, 2001. "Non-agricultural earnings in peri-urban areas of Tanzania: evidence from household survey data," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 385-403, August.
- Dreze, Jean & Lanjouw, Peter & Sharma, Naresh, 1997. "Credit in rural India: a case study," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6692, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sundaram-Stukel, Reka & Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2006. "Fostering growth of the rural non-farm sector in Africa: The Case of Tanzania," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21165, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gibson, John & Olivia, Susan, 2010.
"The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 717-726, May.
- John Gibson & Susan Olivia, 2008. "The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia," Working Papers in Economics 08/17, University of Waikato.
- Sam Jones & Finn Tarp, 2015. "Understanding Mozambique.s growth experience through an employment lens," WIDER Working Paper Series 109, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Benedito Cunguara & Augustine Langyintuo & Ika Darnhofer, 2011. "The role of nonfarm income in coping with the effects of drought in southern Mozambique," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(6), pages 701-713, November.
- Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Nonfarm Employment and Poverty in Rural El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 529-547, March.
- World Bank, 2005. "Ethiopia : Risk and Vulnerability Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8693, The World Bank.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
- Deininger,Klaus W. & Xia,Fang & Mate,Aurelio & Payongayong,Ellen & Deininger,Klaus W. & Xia,Fang & Mate,Aurelio & Payongayong,Ellen, 2015. "Quantifying spillover effects from large farm establishments : the case of Mozambique," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7466, The World Bank.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Activities and Poverty in the Brazilian Northeast," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 509-528, March.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Stern, Nicholas, 1998. "Economic Development in Palanpur over Five Decades," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288329.
- Fox, Louise & Sohnesen , Thomas Pave, 2012. "Household enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa : why they matter for growth, jobs, and livelihoods," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6184, The World Bank.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:12481 is not listed on IDEAS
- Junior Davis, 2006. "Rural non-farm livelihoods in transition economies: emerging issues and policies," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 3(2), pages 180-224.
- Junior Davis, 2006.
"Rural non-farm livelihoods in transition economies: emerging issues and policies,"
The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 3(2), pages 180-224.
- Davis, Junior, 2006. "Rural Non-farm Livelihoods in Transition Economies: Emerging Issues and Policies," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 3(2), pages 1-45.
- Julian A. Lampietti & David G. Lugg & Philip Van der Celen & Amelia Branczik, 2009. "The Changing Face of Rural Space : Agriculture and Rural Development in the Western Balkans," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13541, October.
- Bruno Losch & Sandrine Fréguin-Gresh & Eric Thomas White, 2012.
"Structural Transformation and Rural Change Revisited : Challenges for Late Developing Countries in a Globalizing World
[Transformations rurales et développement : Les défis du changement structurel," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12482, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naoko Nemoto & Bihong Huang & David Storey, 2019. "Optimal Regulation of P2P Lending for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Working Papers id:12964, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsGovernance - International Governmental Organizations Poverty Reduction - Rural Poverty Reduction Rural Development - Rural Development Strategy & Policy Rural Development - Rural Labor Markets Rural Development - Rural Poverty Reduction Strategies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:28971. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Thomas Breineder to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.