The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- John Gibson & Susan Olivia, 2008. "The Effect of Infrastructure Access and Quality on Non-Farm Enterprises in Rural Indonesia," Working Papers in Economics 08/17, University of Waikato.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominique van de Walle & Dorothyjean Cratty, 2004.
"Is the emerging non-farm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, pages 237-274.
- Van der Walle, Dominique & Cratty, Dorothyjean, 2003. "Is the emerging nonfarm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2950, The World Bank.
- Escobal, Javier, 2001. "The Determinants of Nonfarm Income Diversification in Rural Peru," World Development, Elsevier, pages 497-508.
- Thomas Reardon & Kostas Stamoulis & Prabhu Pingali, 2007. "Rural nonfarm employment in developing countries in an era of globalization," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 173-183, December.
- Supattra Cherdchuchai & Keijiro Otsuka, 2006. "Rural income dynamics and poverty reduction in Thai villages from 1987 to 2004," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(s3), pages 409-423, November.
- Berdegue, Julio A. & Ramirez, Eduardo & Reardon, Thomas & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Chile," World Development, Elsevier, pages 411-425.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, pages 735-747.
- Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Nonfarm Employment and Poverty in Rural El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, pages 529-547.
- Alberto Isgut, 2004. "Non-farm Income and Employment in Rural Honduras: Assessing the Role of Locational Factors," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 59-86.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, pages 395-409.
- Stein Kristiansen, 2003. "Linkages and Rural Non-Farm Employment Creation: Changing Challenges and Policies in Indonesia," Working Papers 03-22, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2004.
"Road development, economic growth, and poverty reduction in China,"
DSGD discussion papers
12, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2005. "Road development, economic growth, and poverty reduction in China:," Research reports 138, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zhu, Nong & Luo, Xubei, 2006. "Nonfarm activity and rural income inequality : a case study of two provinces in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3811, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Spending for Development : Making the Most of Indonesia's New Opportunities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6347.
- Rioja, Felix K., 2003.
"Filling potholes: macroeconomic effects of maintenance versus new investments in public infrastructure,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 2281-2304.
- Philip R. Lane & Roberto Perotti, 2001. "The Importance of Composition of Fiscal Policy: Evidence from Different Exchange Rate Regimes," CEG Working Papers 200111, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane & Roberto Perotti, 2001. "The Importance of Composition of Fiscal Policy: Evidence from Different Exchange Rate Regimes," Trinity Economics Papers 200116, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter B. R. & Reardon, Thomas, 2009. "Transforming the rural nonfarm economy: Opportunities and threats in the developing world," Issue briefs 58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jacoby, Hanan C, 2000. "Access to Markets and the Benefits of Rural Roads," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 713-737, July.
- Lanjouw, Peter, 1999. "Rural Nonagricultural Employment and Poverty in Ecuador," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 91-122, October.
- Anne Booth, 2002. "The Changing Role Of Non-Farm Activities In Agricultural Households In Indonesia: Some Insights From The Agricultural Censuses," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 179-200.
- Corral, Leonardo & Reardon, Thomas, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Incomes in Nicaragua," World Development, Elsevier, pages 427-442.
- Gibson, John & Rozelle, Scott, 2003. "Poverty and Access to Roads in Papua New Guinea," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 159-185, October.
- Priebe, Jan & Rudolf, Robert & Klasen, Stephan & Weisbrod, Julian, 2009. "Rural Income Dynamics in Post-Crisis Indonesia," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 29, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:198-215 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:152:y:2017:i:c:p:119-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2017. "Does Large-Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda’s Electricity Access Roll-Out Program," World Development, Elsevier, pages 88-110.
- Ansgar Belke & Daniel Gros, 2015.
"Banking Union as a Shock Absorber,"
ROME Working Papers
201502, ROME Network.
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2015. "Does Large Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda's Electricity Access Roll-Out Program," Ruhr Economic Papers 555, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Nguyen, Huy, 2014.
"The effect of land fragmentation on labor allocation and the economic diversity of farm households: The case of Vietnam,"
57643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen, Huy, 2014. "The effect of land fragmentation on labor allocation and the economic diversity of farm households: The case of Vietnam," MPRA Paper 57521, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lindy Charlery & Martin R. Nielsen & Henrik Meilby & Carsten Smith-Hall, 2016. "Effects of New Roads on Environmental Resource Use in the Central Himalaya," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-20, April.
- Oktarina, Sachnaz Desta & Furuya, Jun, 2015. "Economic Evaluation of Poverty Alleviation by the National Program for Community Empowerment in Western Part of Rural Indonesia," Japanese Journal of Rural Economics, Agricultural Economics Society of Japan (AESJ), vol. 17.
- Veldhuis, A.J. & Reinders, A.H.M.E., 2015. "Reviewing the potential and cost-effectiveness of off-grid PV systems in Indonesia on a provincial level," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 757-769.
- Stephan Klasen & Jan Priebe & Robert Rudolf, 2013.
"Cash crop choice and income dynamics in rural areas: evidence for post-crisis Indonesia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(3), pages 349-364, May.
- Stephan Klasen & Jan Priebe & Robert Rudolf, 2010. "Cash Crop Choice and Income Dynamics in Rural Areas: Evidence for Post-Crisis Indonesia," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 33, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Hardy, Daniel, 2015. "Addressing poverty and inequality in the rural economy from a global perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63257, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Vargas-Silva, Carlos, 2008.
"Monetary policy and the US housing market: A VAR analysis imposing sign restrictions,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 977-990, September.
- Aditi Bhattacharyya & Daisy Das & Arkadipta Ghosh, 2017. "Electrification and Welfare of Poor Households in Rural India," Working Papers 1702, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Shi, Hao & Huang, Shaoqing, 2014. "How Much Infrastructure Is Too Much? A New Approach and Evidence from China," World Development, Elsevier, pages 272-286.
- Comello, Stephen D. & Reichelstein, Stefan J. & Sahoo, Anshuman & Schmidt, Tobias S., 2017. "Enabling Mini-Grid Development in Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, pages 94-107.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2014. "Roads, labor markets, and human capital : evidence from rural Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7139, The World Bank.
- Olivia, Susan & Gibson, John, 2013. "Economic Rise and Decline in Indonesia – As Seen from Space," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151210, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:363:d:68149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rao, Narasimha D., 2013. "Does (better) electricity supply increase household enterprise income in India?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 532-541.
More about this item
Keywordsinfrastructure non-farm employment Indonesia;
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:38:y:2010:i:5:p:717-726. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.