Locational Determinants of Rural Non-agricultural Employment: Evidence From Brazil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jonasson, Erik & Helfand, Steven, 2008. "Locational Determinants of Rural Non-Agricultural Employment: Evidence from Brazil," Working Papers 2008:3, Lund University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Escobal, Javier, 2001. "The Determinants of Nonfarm Income Diversification in Rural Peru," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 497-508, March.
- Graziano da Silva, Jose & Eduardo Del Grossi, Mauro, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Brazil: Patterns and Evolution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 443-453, March.
- Echeverría, Rubén G., 2000. "Options for rural poverty reduction in Latin America and the Caribbean," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Alberto Isgut, 2004. "Non-farm Income and Employment in Rural Honduras: Assessing the Role of Locational Factors," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 59-86.
- Sonia Laszlo, 2005. "Self-employment earnings and returns to education in rural Peru," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(7), pages 1247-1287.
- Yang, Dennis Tao & An, Mark Yuying, 2002.
"Human capital, entrepreneurship, and farm household earnings,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 65-88, June.
- Yang, Dennis T. & An, Mark Yuying, 1997. "Human Capital, Entrereneurship, and Farm Household Earnings," Working Papers 97-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Lanjouw, Jean O. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001.
"The rural non-farm sector: issues and evidence from developing countries,"
Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 1-23, October.
- Lanjouw, Jean O. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "The rural non-farm sector: issues and evidence from developing countries," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 26(1), October.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 395-409, March.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Activities and Poverty in the Brazilian Northeast," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 509-528, March.
- Corral, Leonardo & Reardon, Thomas, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Incomes in Nicaragua," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 427-442, March.
- Dirven, Martine, 2004. "Rural non-farm employment and rural diversity in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Radhika Lal & Waldemiro Francisco Sorte Junior, 2011. "Where Biodiversity, Traditional Knowledge, Health and Livelihoods Meet: Institutional Pillars for The Productive Inclusion of Local Communities (Brazil Case Study)," Working Papers 81, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Carsten Lohmann & Ingo Liefner, 2014. "Spatial Patterns of Private Sector and Public Sector Non-Agricultural Jobs in Rural Northeast Thailand," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 710-726, April.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28971 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRural non-agricultural employment; economic geography; Latin America; Brazil;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-06-03 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2009-06-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2009-06-03 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucr:wpaper:200802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kelvin Mac). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deucrus.html .