Review of the School Completion Programme
The School Completion Programme (SCP) aims to have a significant positive impact on levels of student retention in primary and second-level schools. This report draws on a survey of SCP coordinators and chairpersons, in-depth case-studies of local clusters and interviews with key stakeholders to review the programme in terms of the students targeted, the kinds of activities offered, governance and funding, and perceived effects at the school level.
|This book is provided by Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) in its series Research Series with number RS44 and published in 2015.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Whitaker Square, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2|
Phone: (353-1) 863 2000
Fax: (353-1) 863 2100
Web page: http://www.esri.ie
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smyth, Emer & McCoy, Selina & Kingston, Gillian, 2015. "Learning from the Evaluation of DEIS," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS39.
- repec:esr:resser:bkmnext163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elish Kelly & Seamus McGuinness & Philip J O’connell & David Haugh & Alberto GonzÁlez Pandiella, 2014.
"Transitions In and Out of Unemployment among Young People in the Irish Recession,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(4), pages 616-634, December.
- Elish Kelly & Seamus McGuinness & Philip O’Connell & David Haugh & Alberto González Pandiella, 2013. "Transitions in and out of Unemployment among Young People in the Irish Recession," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1084, OECD Publishing.
- Kelly, Elish & McGuinness, Seamus & O'Connell, Philip J. & Haugh, David & Pandiella, Alberto González, 2013. "Transitions In and Out of Unemployment Among Young People in the Irish Recession," Papers WP466, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Cecilia S. Lyche, 2010. "Taking on the Completion Challenge: A Literature Review on Policies to Prevent Dropout and Early School Leaving," OECD Education Working Papers 53, OECD Publishing.
- McCoy, Selina & Kelly, Elish & Watson, Dorothy, 2007. "School Leavers' Survey Report 2006," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI198.
- Keane, Claire & Callan, Tim & Savage, Michael & Walsh, John R. & Colgan, Brian, 2014. "Distributional Impact of Tax, Welfare and Public Service Pay Policies: Budget 2015 and Budgets 2009-2015," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Henry M. Levin, 2010. "The economic payoff to investing in educational justice," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 5,in: María Jesús Mancebón-Torrubia & Domingo P. Ximénez-de-Embún & José María Gómez-Sancho & Gregorio Gim (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 5, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 1-33 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Smyth, Emer & McCoy, Selina, 2009. "Investing in Education: Combating Educational Disadvantage," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS006.
- Kelly, Elish & McGuinness, Seamus, 2015. "Impact of the Great Recession on unemployed and NEET individuals’ labour market transitions in Ireland," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 59-71.
- Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria, 2013. "The Costs of Early School Leaving in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 7791, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:resser:rs44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.